Improving SEO of www.tryton.org

On the website, the content behind the feature is not a use documentation at all. It is not neither module documentation.
It must be a presentation of the feature.

2 Likes

Agree
 Should be Presentation need to “Simple and Beauty”

I think I can write the non-technical details of features for the icons, but I will need help with discovering some features. If anyone is working on it already I can join or I can lead it.

Please go ahead.

I will be happy to help. I think it will be great if you can create a post that we can convert to a wiki (so we can edit colaboratibly) which contains the content of all of the icons.

Once we agree to the content it can be submited to our website.

I’m not sure if this was already mentioned. On my web instance, I’m featuring a page called “recommendations” - and there is a chapter about tryton and the German consultants. As well, there are link to tryton.org and the forum.
It’s here: https://rollentausch.eu/empfehlungen/ Hopefully, some German text is useful as well.

Bthw: I’m offering a free introduction to tryton there - with the addendum that I cannot do serious consulting, but that professional help is available.

External links pointing to tryton with some contents should be a good thing anyway.

1 Like

Dear website team
When googling for “opensource erp” or “open source erp” or “open source business software” or similar. Tryton.org can’t be found. Everywhere only O*** :wink:

Is there an easy way to optimize this?

Cheers, Stefan

Yes having more valuable backlinks to www.tryton.org using those terms.

1 Like

Also we need to create landing page under each box topic on the main page.

I did link back wherever I could (doc.tryton.cloud, tryton.cloud. Linked In. Facebook.)

What about money? Google wants money. I know that’s a very delicate subject and I might get nailed to the torture stick :wink:
But what about letting integrators and project developers paying for Google Ads?

Anyone could create an AdWords account and make a campaign that points to www.tryton.org

We have a blog publishing regular content about tryton and it improved our SEO.
Maybe including a blog on tryton website will improve its SEO also.

Note that in all of our blog posts we are including links to tryton.org, hope dis already helps improving the SEO of the project.

The blog is https://www.tryton.org/news, the @communication team could post more than the monthly news.
But for that we need people committing for a long period (1 or 2 years at least) in such activity.

Of course, but then we need to agree on the frequence, the intented audicence, the kind of topics to be published, etc. A publication strategy must be decided.

Who should decide that?

The project is not piloted by committees who decides.
There are no actions if there are no volunteers to act.
So anyone who volunteers can provide a plan with goals and how he will reach the goals. But there is no point to make plans if there is nobody to pledge to actually execute the plan.

I googled just now for “open source ERP” and after a LOT of scrolling Tryton appeared once, in the 2nd last entry in a link to a recent blog post. I also googled for “GPL ERP” and again Tryton appeared once, in the 20th last entry in a link to a Reddit thread.

But what is the value of Tryton.org being easier to find? Is it to attract more novice self-hosters? Is it to attract potential customers for service providers? If the latter, would it be more efficient for service providers to improve their own search rankings in their individual domains?

It is important for O*** and E****** to rank high because they are commercial service providers, which Tryton.org is not, and trying to compete with them in search will be difficult, expensive (at least in time and effort) and may not even be productive depending on the goal.

I checked “open source ERP” for myself and found, that tryton.org is not at all found; whereas even our comparatively new page German tryton-dach.org can be found, although not at all a a position where I’d like to have it.

So just to be sure: Was tryton.org ever registered at the google search console?

Of course we can give access to anyone who is willing to work on improving the search performance.

But I will repeat myself, the best way to improve the search performance is by writing landing pages for each business topic.
It was part of the target of the 2021 budget but nothing happened.

Why it did not happen? Can we make it happen now? If not, what is missing to make it happen?

Ask yourself why https://discuss.tryton.org/t/fundation-budget-for-2021/3809/13?u=ced

Oh I rember. Dave had some personal problems which delayed the work and probably it was lost on the time. I will take care of contactinghim and keep updated.