Is a straight migration from 5.0 to 6.0 supported?

Is a straight migration from 5.0 to 6.0 supported, and if it is, would it be possible to post a single 5.0 to 6.0 migration guide?

Migrating from multiple series is fully supported. You just need to take care of checking all the migration notes of all affected series.

In you case this means checking all migration from 5.0 to 6.0 and then follow the normal procedure:

• Execute the queries that should be done before the migration
  • Update all tryton modules (trytond-admin -d <database> --all)
  • Execute the queries that should be done after the migration

And thats all!

I would not say “fully” supported. It may or may not work. This is something not tested but the odds to work are high.
If it does not work, you will have to do it series by series.

Ok, just supported then.

We recently did a migration from 4.4 to 6.0 which worked well.
So I bet the migration from 5.0 to 6.0 will go stright forward also.

As always. Do the migration first on a test server with a test database, check everything. Then move over to the production server, be sure to have a working backup and do the migration on the production server. Yes it will take some time, but the impact on daily operations is in this case minimal.

Oh excellent. So no ‘special’ sauce should be necessary.

Oh yes. I mean we have to port our in-house modules over from 5.0 anyways (should be minimal changes, but you never know without tests & testing). Hopefully in the 6.0 → 7.0 timeframe we can massage the generally usable ones to an upstreamable state.

If you want to have your modules as part of the standard distribution the first step is to submit an idea or write a blueprint.

This topics should not explain what your module does but it should focus on the problem that the modules are tryton to solve. This is the way to manage to provide the best solution for them.
Of course, feel free to include a link to your modules as reference.

Oh yes I’m aware of the process (which is excellent btw). Most of our in-house stuff is currently completely ungeneralised even on the concept level though.

Well apart from Creditor Reference support (ISO11694 & any national/custom one) which should be a fairly simple blueprint to write up.