How to upgrade from tryton 5.2 to tryton 5.8

Hi people , i have a question(may be my question is so stupid but i want to do everything correctly So things don’t get complicated after that because am newbie on tryton ):
the issue that i have a module was built on tryton 5.2 , i want to know if now i will do the upgrading from tryton 5.2 to tryton 5.8 , is there something can happen to the module and Can it become the code(python and xml) of the module not working when i upgrad !
if it’s normal and nothing it can happen to the module was built on tryton 5.2 , so how how i can upgrad from 5.2 to 5.8 , what the steps i should do it !

thanks so much

Hi, no really simple answer to this question, it depends on the module. If he uses fields that have been renamed or modifies views based on modified or moved fields there will indeed be problems.
I think the easiest and test on a copy of the database and the environment for example using python virtual environments.

We list all the required changes into the migration category. Please make sure to read all the post of the required version. If you want to migrate from 5.2 to 5.8 you should look at the migration changes of 5.4, 5.6 and 5.8.

I will recommend createing a test environment first. Normally my steps to migrate a module to a new version are:

• Create a new virtualenv
  • Increase version number on tryton.cfg so all depedencies are updated
  • Run module test suite.

Once everyting is running you can update the test database, by running and update on the database and executing the required migration queries (if any required).

2 Likes