Improving SEO of www.tryton.org

I guess it will be a good start to first ask them explicitly. But at the end, it will not be enough to increase the reputation of tryton.org because I’m pretty sure those website does not have neither a high reputation.
So we must find a way to have back-link from reputed website. For example, B2CK write for each release a news on linuxfr.org which has a good reputation. But this is not enough, we must have such article in main similar websites around the world.

1 Like

The backlink is important to increase the reputation of the destination website but the reputation of the website where it is placed is not important, because search engines measure the amount of links that index to that destination website.

Having more backlinks is much better!.

This is now important see point #112.

112. Linking Domain Relevancy: A link from a site in a similar niche is significantly more powerful than a link from a completely unrelated site.

this in bottom link:

Conclusion

That’s quite a list.

To summarize, here are the most important Google ranking factors in 2019:

• Referring domains
  • Organic click-through-rate
  • Domain authority
  • Mobile usability
  • Dwell time
  • Total number of backlinks
  • Content quality
  • On-page SEO

interesting points: 87, 90, 120, 121,

Under what search terms should tryton.org appear?

According to the first message the first keyword is ERP but that one is not even mentioned anywhere in the home page.

Even more business software is less frequently used than ERP.

In the united states is 2 to 1:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=erp,business%20software

And in the world is 8 to 1:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=erp,business%20software

So that is probably the first thing to be fixed.

For me, it would be good to appear with both prefix “Open Source” and “Free Software”:

“ERP”
“Business Software”
“Business Solution”
“MRP”
“CRM”

+ all the h4 of the features.

So probably a good thing would be to write content for each box like discussed on New website design

This is just my feeling. Unique visitor increase will be good but how to keep the visitor will be more much important.

In our website that showing the icons but the icons do not explain detail what is works?

And also the document for the module is too technical and not suitable for user who looking for erp product to read.

Should we make the user manual? Or basic platform user manual?

Can take example of Nexterp that easy to read for non tecnical user

2 Likes

The explanation of each module is still missing. If we have it written it can be openend when clicking on the icon.

Any help on this will be much aprreciated.

I am in the halfway making the user documentation
using Help n Doc.

However, I still feel no good. Will try to contribute more in documentation

On the website, the content behind the feature is not a use documentation at all. It is not neither module documentation.
It must be a presentation of the feature.

2 Likes

Agree… Should be Presentation need to “Simple and Beauty”

I think I can write the non-technical details of features for the icons, but I will need help with discovering some features. If anyone is working on it already I can join or I can lead it.

Please go ahead.

I will be happy to help. I think it will be great if you can create a post that we can convert to a wiki (so we can edit colaboratibly) which contains the content of all of the icons.

Once we agree to the content it can be submited to our website.

I’m not sure if this was already mentioned. On my web instance, I’m featuring a page called “recommendations” - and there is a chapter about tryton and the German consultants. As well, there are link to tryton.org and the forum.
It’s here: https://rollentausch.eu/empfehlungen/ Hopefully, some German text is useful as well.

Bthw: I’m offering a free introduction to tryton there - with the addendum that I cannot do serious consulting, but that professional help is available.

External links pointing to tryton with some contents should be a good thing anyway.

1 Like

Dear website team
When googling for “opensource erp” or “open source erp” or “open source business software” or similar. Tryton.org can’t be found. Everywhere only O*** :wink:

Is there an easy way to optimize this?

Cheers, Stefan

Yes having more valuable backlinks to www.tryton.org using those terms.

1 Like

Also we need to create landing page under each box topic on the main page.

I did link back wherever I could (doc.tryton.cloud, tryton.cloud. Linked In. Facebook.)

What about money? Google wants money. I know that’s a very delicate subject and I might get nailed to the torture stick :wink:
But what about letting integrators and project developers paying for Google Ads?

Anyone could create an AdWords account and make a campaign that points to www.tryton.org

We have a blog publishing regular content about tryton and it improved our SEO.
Maybe including a blog on tryton website will improve its SEO also.

Note that in all of our blog posts we are including links to tryton.org, hope dis already helps improving the SEO of the project.