Template move and dates

A bit lost on how to set up a template move.
Creating the template, I keep it simple with name, journal, and a few lines with the accounts that need to be moved including draft descriptions.
When I try to create a move, for example in february (2019-02), it balks saying I can’t create the movement because the date is outside of the period!?!
Also, seems lame to have to specify a debit/credit for the move lines, each line may simply ‘depend’ upon the circumstances.
Anybody find any use here?

You should update the period and then update the date.

Sorry but I do not understand what do you mean here. Could you please clarify?

? I have to select a period, but if it is any but the current period I get error.
Blank date seems to force date to ‘today’ which is illogical given one has to choose a period.

It’s the way it works.

If you want to choose the date you’ve to set it as a move template keyword.

I hope it helps you.

Yeah, thanks, that did help.
Too bad the date selection doesn’t open in the period selected prior, but oh well…

[updated: I created Issue 8725: template move and date selection - Tryton issue tracker]

Seems odd to stipulate specifically a debit or credit with value 0.

If the template works with fixed non-zero values, then that’s only case where it would be useful.

Probably a turd from not using debit and credit as the basis of the move (like in a real move line), which would have been much more intuitive.

Instantiating the template seems okay, though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.