Security and Auditing

Hi,

I have the question quite regularly, is it possible to follow the modifications of some objects or some fields.
I know that this feature can have a serious impact on performance, but for sensitive data I think the performance cost can be accepted.
What would be the best way for you to implement this feature?
My first idea would be to add a ‘track’ attribute (by default to False) on certain fields and to write in an audit table (what, who, when and if possible the written value).
What do you think ?

Regard

In Tryton you can add the “_history = True” attribute to models which will keep the whole history of changes for all records in the model.

We created a couple of modules to give better auditing possibilities which uses the history of those models that have it enabled.

The audit_log module allows you to see who changed what during a period of time.

The audit_trail simply tells who and when logged in/out of the system.

1 Like

Thank you Albert I look on this side.

If you want to see who accessed/processed what and when, you can also use the logging feature. It is possible to register a log handler to store the log INFO generated by trytond.protocols.dispatcher. This will give you all the information.

Thank you, I will test that too.