Error install new version Tryton a 5.2.5

Today the system has shown me a notice of a new update, when trying to do the update on Gentoo I have the following error

>>> Failed to emerge app-office/tryton-5.2.5, Log file:

‘/var/tmp/portage/app-office/tryton-5.2.5/temp/build.log’

• Messages for package app-office/tryton-5.2.5:

• ERROR: app-office/tryton-5.2.5::tryton failed (install phase):

• ‘dohtml’ has been banned for EAPI ‘7’

• If you need support, post the output of emerge --info '=app-office/tryton-5.2.5::tryton',

• the complete build log and the output of emerge -pqv '=app-office/tryton-5.2.5::tryton'.

• The complete build log is located at ‘/var/tmp/portage/app-office/tryton-5.2.5/temp/build.log’.

• The ebuild environment file is located at ‘/var/tmp/portage/app-office/tryton-5.2.5/temp/environment’.

• Working directory: ‘/var/tmp/portage/app-office/tryton-5.2.5/work/tryton-5.2.5’

• S: ‘/var/tmp/portage/app-office/tryton-5.2.5/work/tryton-5.2.5’

Reviewing the documentation of Gentoo I have noticed that since May 2018 the EAPI 6 “dohtml” is banned and therefore the same happens in the EAPI 7 according to an excerpt from the documentation "Banned commands and removed variables
dohtml is banned

The dohtml function has been deprecated in EAPI 6 already, so it should come as no surprise that EAPI 7 finally bans it. The rationale remains the same: it was overcomplex, confusing and frequently asked for specification updates.

The replacement is dodoc -r, combined with docinto whenever necessary. However, I should point out that there is no technical reason to force html subdirectory for HTML files. Packages with a single HTML file or no non-HTML docs (sic!) Can install them straight to docdir. Packages that have multiple HTML document trees can use subdirectories named after what they contain. "

What should I do to solve this error?

Gentoo guide EAPI 7

The quick solution is to not activate the doc IUSE. But I will replace soon the dohtml calls.

It is fixed by tryton-overlay: 48c563b7f4c0 and tryton-overlay: 0e9f3108dc55.

Thanks solved the problem with an IUSE -doc

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.