Question about the desktop client

Hi I have three questions, if can anyone respond me I would be grateful .
Question1:
I have a version of tryton I have installed it on a server
I want to know if I would install desktop client
So can I install it on another virtual environment on the same server or I should install it on the same virtual environment !
Question 2:
If I want to see a tryton interface of another localhost or another tryton interface exist on server,
What are the configuration I should do it?
Question3:
after taking a tryton version from a github of someone on my localhost , when i type tryton to see the desktop client
the response on terminal was :error command tryton not found !

Desktop client usually does not work in a virtual environment. You’ll have to user your operating system packages for several libraries it requires.

You should usually set the connection to the IP address of the server.

Probably tryton client is not properly installed. I suggest you install tryton client using your operating system’s packages.

Thanks for the quick answer :

respond about the Question2 :You should usually set the connection to the IP address of the server
Do you mean the listen attribute on the trytond.conf , i should put on it the IP adress of the server or the adress of the localhost that i want to see it !

respond about the Question2:I suggest you install tryton client using your operating system’s packages.

so can you give me the correct steps to do that or give me a link talking about the steps i should do it!

To listen on all interfaces, you must put listen = 0.0.0.0:8000

If you are using Windows or MacOS, it is simpler to use the prebuild
On Linux you should check if your OS has a package for the right version
Otherwise you have to use Python packages but as @albert said some dependencies like GTK, gobject-introspection etc. can not be installed by pip and must be installed manually using OS packages.

Yeah thank you and what about the IP adress that M.albert mentioned it of the server that i want to see the tryton interface of it , where i should put it and what’s the attribute Which is in front of him i will put the adress IP !

You should be able to know the IP address of the server, otherwise it’s hard for us to help you.

If it’s in a local network executing “ifconfig” or “ip addr” on a terminal of the server may help you. But there are several possible configurations
 You probably need more system administration knowledge in order to be able to set everything up

After knowing the IP adress of the server , what are the configurations that i should do !

Instead of localhost:8000 you must put youripadress:8000 (ex: 192.168.2.145:8000)

Here you have the command lines that I use to install the client in Xubuntu 20.04 (version Tryton 5.0)
First:
sudo apt-get install python3-pip pkg-config libglib2.0-dev gir1.2-goocanvas-2.0 libgirepository1.0-dev libcairo2-dev python3-dev python3-setuptools
Second:
sudo pip3 install wheel goocalendar tryton==5.0.26

Cheers!

1 Like

For Linux:
I download the tar.gz for a client from https://downloads-cdn.tryton.org/5.8/ and unzip it somewhere and use <unpacked_dir>/bin/tryton to start the client. With a clean installed Linux OS, you will get some errors like module X not found. All those modules can be installed by you package manager.

For Windows:
Download the client from the same download location, but use the .exe version and install it.

For MacOS:
I suppose it will be the same as for Windows. But no idea if this is true.

When you start the client, you will see the login dialog. You can open up the Host / Database information by clicking on it. After that you will see some more information.
Host -> you can enter the ipaddress from your server here. Tryton is default looking at port 8000, but to be sure you can enter <ipaddress server>:8000 or if you know the DNS name of the server you can enter that aswell like <hostname.domain>:8000.
‘Database’ -> The Tryton database you want to connect to.

Just some extra information about Profiles. When you are using the client for multiple databases it becomes cumbersome to always entering the connection details. This is where profiles comes in. You define them once and afterwards select the profile with the connection details and your are done.

1 Like