For me the requirements are clear:
- We need to print the general journal for the full fiscalyear
There is also the option to print another report (which is not clear what should include) that includes a resumed detail (but it is not clear if its complementary to the main report or we should declare both). Of course, If in the future there is some user that request the resumed format and clarifies the requirements we may add it latter, but this is not the case now.
Sincerly, I will prefer to keep it simple by finding a solution that reuses the existing report (that we already know that is valid because we used it for some time as it was already available on Tryton) so for me there are several options here:
- Add the wizard to print the general ledger that was already available on previous versions
- Include a report on the fiscalyear that print the general ledger
- Allow to execute reports based on domains
Of course, it will be simpler to just add the previous wizard but as we are always doing, if there is something any other option that can be also used (and benefits the project in some other way) we do not may implementing that.
For me, if we do not have a clear way to solve the problem I think the simpler will be to just re-add the wizard to print the report based on dates for the following reasons:
- Users will have a dedicated action for the report → Which makes it easier to use
- Users from previous versions will already use the same version that are already used.
- The cost of implementing it is lower.
Also, if you think that this is something that should not be included on the general account module, I won’t mind having it on the Spanish localization module (as this is something required for Spain).