Installation and management scripts for Tryton in Python Virtual Environments

Some of us actually prefer a Tryton install in a Python Virtual Environment Venv. Thanks to my friend @edbo’s generous support, I learned the very basics how to deal with it, for me this was THE WAY to get into Tryton.

For daily use, some tasks frequently occur, such as

• Installation
  • launch daemon and client
  • backup database
  • small Update, within a x.y.* range, such as 5.6.2 > 5.6.[latest].
  • big update, x.y.* to x.y+2.*, such as 5.6.2 > 5.8.[latest].
  • import an existing database into a given environment

As I’m too stupid and lazy at a time to remember all the shell commands required, I tried to dig into shell scripting - first time in my life at age of 55. So the result definitely is not good and has many flaws, nevertheless in my daily work they proved a certain usefullness.

At present, they work successfully in ubuntu and Raspbian, work for manjaro is on the way. If you want to take a look: See Installation and management scripts for Tryton in Python Virtual Environments under:
https://gitlab.com/TrytonDACH

Main problem is - all dialogues are in German. My fellow friend @htgoebel adviced me to use gettext and babel for the translation job. If somebody wants to jump in here, any help will be appreciated.Don’t tell me this attempt is very bad coding, I’m very much certain that is the case. But flood me with issues, I’ll do my very best to improve.

Cheers,
Wolf

1 Like