How i can add the path of the photos in XML file that will be exist under the module name to be display it automatically on a many2one field

I have a data of some photos and i need to enter them on my module to be displayed on a many2one field, I need to know How i can add the path of some photos to uploaded automatically on the xml,

here is my XML data file:

<tryton>
    <data>
        <record model="employee.bilds_properties" id="employee_bilds_properties_1">
            <field name="name">AP</field>
            <field name="photo"> </field>
        </record>
           .....autre data

</data>
</tryton>

Python code:

class EmployeeProperties(
        DeactivableMixin, ModelSQL, ModelView):
    "Bilds Properties"
    __name__ = 'employee.bilds_properties'
    _order_name = 'rec_name'

photo = fields.Binary('Photo')
    name = fields.Char('Name')
    def get_rec_name(self, name):
        return self.name

How i can add the path of the photos in XML file that will be exist under the module name to be display it automatically on a many2one field?

I guess you could use CDATA to fill the value of the field with binary data (but there is a risk that the binary contains the CDATA closing).
Indeed the best would be to implement a type binary in convert.py which will decode the content as base64.

can you give me more details about how i can implement a type binary in convert.py which will decode the content as base64. Is there any example exit in one of the standard modules i can follow?

I can not without implemented it :man_shrugging:

In convert.py the code loads the XML file.
What you’re looking for is how to handle the different field. It happens there:

You’ll see that we get the field of the model on this line:

You can then use this information to put a flag on the RecordTagHandler so that when the parser enters endElement (https://foss.heptapod.net/tryton/tryton/-/blob/01e788d9b71f199073bfcb11491b91b3aa7db709/trytond/trytond/convert.py#L293) it knows that the content of value is a base64 encoded binary. And thus there you can do the transformation. Do not forget to reset the flag.

There’s probably a lot of things I haven’t though about but this is an outline on how to tackle this task.