I’m a noob, just trying to find out whether tryton is for me. Installing it with docker on an ubuntu box was really easy. But then…
After the Tryton - Get Tryton pages, you are left alone. You dont know where to go now. That page should hold a link to a “first steps” page. What should be in the “first steps” page?
My suggestion: Ask us! - The noobs are the experts for asking noobs’ questions. All you awesome experts are not. You do not know what’s difficult for noobs and what is not.
Encourage noobs’ to ask noobs’ questions, lead us to the "noobs’ corner of this forum, watch questions and answers and create the “first steps” page from that.
Here are my noobs’ questions, just as an example:
- Which modules do I need as basic equipment?
- Where do I find an explanation which module does what? - Just a few sentences about every module?
- What is the difference between language and translation?
- How do I switch from English to my mother tongue?
- Why is there no standard settings of business year, VAT rates, etc?
- … more to come
NB: From the vhttps://www.tryton.org/forum#discuss page, you only find the link “join the forum”. Not just “forum”. I’d first like to see the forum (is it active or dead…?) before I join. So I did not click that link and did not find the forum. Only much later, accidently with a g**gl search…