Tax-inclusive pricing

I am setting-up an Instance of Tryton ERP for a project in Paraguay. I have to say Tryton is an amazing piece, very beautifully crafted, however I just hit a major hurdle. It seems Tryton only handles price-exclusive pricing where unit prices exclude taxes and taxes are computed and added.

However in Paraguay, prices are always tax-inclusive, the tax value is displayed for tax repayment purpose and there is no pre-tax price to display.

If a bag of mangoes is 11, the tax (10%) is 1 and the final price is 11. We never see prices or totals before tax.

How could I go about this, please could anyone assist?

Tryton is doing accounting so it always needs to have a price without tax.
What you are talking is about the price display to end-customer. You can use a price list and mark it as tax included.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Yes you’re right, we are also interested in the accounting aspects of Tryton, and for that reason we won’t really mind if we have to enter purchase prices before tax; as long as the totals match. It should be just a play with proteus and update the invoice templates. I will start using price lists and update this thread.

I think this is only in a B2C case in B2B you must show the prices without tax in order for the other business to enter correctly their accounting.
For B2C there is this WIP of a point of sale.

Actually, in Paraguay VAT was introduced late, not (so) long ago I believe and for that reason showing pre-tax prices confuses people, customers and businesses alike. So they show all prices with tax, mention the tax rate applied and the amount of tax. The pre-tax price is never seen as can be calculated from subtracting the tax amount from the total.

Price lists will come handy to drive the sale price but are not strictly necessary.

A solution to solving this tax-inclusive scenario may be 2-fold:
1- make sure all prices are imported pre-tax (the import mechanism (e.g. proteus) removes the tax).
2- modify invoice templates so they never show pre-tax values.

Many thanks for your help.

In this module from Argentina you have two differents ways to show the prices at the invoice. One for B2B (tax excluded) and another for B2C or little Business (tax included).
Hope it would be useful for you.
Cheers!

Oh, this is also very useful as if I can’t find a suitable solution with Tryton out of the box I may have to implement something like this.
Thank you very much JerĂłnimo.

You are welcome. You can also try this module that @ced metioned. There you can name a price tax included. But it could help you just to set the correct price on the sale. This is not about how to show that price at the invoice or sale report. I think you must look for a correct method in the .fodt to show correctly the prices, as account_invoice_ar does.
Cheers!

This is excellent, thank you.
Just had a quick dive into the module code. It’s giving me a further insight into Tryton, again I am finding it very impressive. I would be tempted to “go and write” an account_invoice_py, but it feels quite a big task… as I have only known Tryton for a couple of weeks. Maybe tomorrow I will be up for it! :slight_smile: Just out of curiosity why is the module using an fodt template whereas Tryton uses odt?

Hi @DancesWithHaggises!

I’m one of the commiters of the argentina modules. I do not think you should try to write a module outside of tryton core. You should try to contribute a new account_py (chart template of Paraguay) inside tryton core. The account_es module is a good example to start.

Since Use flat opendocument for reports (#6545) · Issues · Tryton / Tryton · GitLab Tryton change to flat opendocument for reports

If you are interested on developing your own chart of accounts I will recomend you to read this how to.

The account_es maybe is to complex for start: we have two diferent charts in the same module and several advanced reporting which is not required for start. So if you want to read it please take this facts in account.

1 Like

Hi @lukio and @pokoli (I have this feeling I am going to get another badge for using user mentions),

Thanks for this, yes I will bear this in mind, I will need to gather a bit more experience with Tryton before I can write a localization module. I will probably struggle with the accounting side of it as I am not an accountant. Perhaps further down the line when I understand the requirements better then I will throw myself into the water.