We have found several companies that for each quotation produce a specific product for the company. An example is an steel manufacturing company which produces pieces for other industries.
This companies have the current workflow:
- Receive an order for the customer, with the instructions to produce the goods.
- They estimate the price of the production (by estimating the number of materials required, the machine time and the employees time that are needed) and provide a list price for the customer.
- If the quotation is accepted a production request is generated and planned for some day.
- Once the production is finished, the goods are delivered using a customer shipment.
We are missing a module to manage point 2 and make tryton compute the cost (and the price using a margin) for the quotation.
I think this can be easly implemented with a new module called
sale_supply_production_quotation that implements the following features:
- Add a new tab on sale line (activated with a checkbox) that allows to input for a line the materials (one2many with product, unit and quantity) the operations (one2many with operation and estimated time).
- Compute an estimated cost using all the materials and the operations. With this cost, as the user for a margin percentage and compute the list price of the quotation.
- Once the order is processed, create a new product with a linked BOM (created from materials one2many) and a linked Route (create from the operations one2many). The BOM and the route should be used for creating the production request linked to the sale line.
Note that I’m suggesting to create a BOM and a route because the same product may be delivered another time latter, so all the cost computation is already stored on the system and can be resued.