Map purchase completely in account moves

I am using the German SK03 accounting scheme. I have account 1200 for the company business account and account 4964 for licencing.
We have a Google Workspace account and I received the monthly invoice for Nov. 2023. I have paid the invoice amount and want to book it to account 4964.
Can someone describe in detail how I map this transaction including how to attach the invoice to the records.
Looking at the menue option ‘Create Move from Template’ I wonder if there is a way of creating a template for this transaction, since it will occur every month.

You should create a supplier invoice for your supplier including a line with the account and the base amount and the taxes (if applicable). Then you just post the invoice and it will be posted to accounting.

This you have a look at Invoicing customers — Tryton module for invoicing ?

You can use the clip icon on the upper side of the invoiceo to attach the PDF invoice to the record.

This wizard is normally used for moves which are not linked to invoices. See: Creating additional fiscal years — Tryton module for accounting

As suggested on the invoice documentation, for recurring invoices it is possible to just duplicate it each month and use the previous one as template.

Hope this helps!

Thanks pokoli for the quick response. I’ll follow your suggestions and read the documentation you suggested.

I followed the link, created a supplier invoice, attached the pdf of the original invoice and paid it.
The documentation says: ‘If the invoice you want to create is almost the same as an existing invoice then you can use the Duplicate item from the form’s menu to avoid creating it from scratch.’
I couldn’t find the ‘duplicate’ button suggested in the documentation.

Depending on the client you are using it’s placed in similar location but no exactly.
There’s a collapsed menu on all the windows when using the arrow next to the tab name. In that menu you’ll find Duplicate option.

Thank you acaubet, I found that. This would be a ‘solution’ to my questions too, but one can only tag one post as solution.

I’m using move templates (Menu > financial > config > templates > moves) for that purpose. But my setup is mostly trial-and-error, as I never found docu on that.

Processing this is with ‘Menu > financial > entires > create move from template’; the German word is “Buchungssatzvorlage”). This way, you save all the proceedings with a purchase of a product you’ll not put into your warehouse.

There was the rumour that taxes are not handled correctly in this manner, but once @pokoli said that they are, so I hope this is correct.

It depends on creating the template correctly, that’s why most of the time using the invoices it’s better as you can make mistakes creating the account move template:

If you just put the accounts and the debit/credit amounts (like old fashion accounting), the taxes will not handled correctly (accounting will be ok, but reporting taxes will not).

If in the taxable lines of the account move you go to the form view you will see the Taxes tab to configure the specific tax, so then the tax reporting will be correct.

Sorry for the screenshots in Catalan, Impostos == Taxes.

Thank you so much. This would explain why I mostly have quite some difference between tax accounting and reporting. We have been in doubt because of that for years now.

Nevertheless, I have hardly any idea how to set it up correctly. My templates say “taxes (0)” - and I cannot change this.

So, valued Mr. @acaubet - feel free to go more into details. I’ll try my best to sum it up. So some lucky fellows may one day benefit from it. Unluckily we live in a user advice refusal regime, so we cannot expect to find such valuable info in a structured way. But I’ll put it into our German book.

We are waiting your PR against Usage — Tryton module for accounting

I can confirm that you can modify taxes, but not from the list view. As shown in my second screenshot, you need to access the account move line in the form view. There, you’ll find a tab dedicated to Taxes, where you can set the tax details.

However, I must caution that configuring taxes in Tryton can be complex. It requires strong accounting skills and a deep understanding of how Tryton integrates taxes into its reporting system. My expertise in this area is somewhat limited, and primarily relevant to the context of Spain so I may not be able to provide generic guidance to improve your book or future PR in a more generalized way.

For a more practical approach, I recommend studying how the system-generated account moves include taxes. By understanding this, you can apply similar logic to your template. Feel free to ask if you have specific questions, and I’ll assist as best as I can.

Thank you everyone for the valuable input above. However, the discussion has reached a level which is above my understanding and I think it again does indicate that there is a need for enrichment of the available documentation.
In this particular case the main problem is that it would take an expert in tax law combined with someone who knows the Tryton ins and outs. This is topped by the complication that the tax laws are different in different countries.

@herrdeh I am willing to put some time into a documentation effort if that would be of any help.

Alright, thank you for your thoughts and contributions.

I think, move templates really are a good thing, so we should collect all relevant info on this; to do so I opened this “move template basics” thread.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.