getting started with tryton is not so easy. I think this still is true, although documentation made so much progress. Tryton’s market share still is far away from its potential. The big market for tryton is small enterprises - as there are so much more of them than big ones. For small companies and startups, it’s often not possible to hire a consultant, especially not if you’re not yet sure if tryton is for you.
What I utterly missed in my introduction period was a mentor - somebody who could help to find out what I actually need, what questions I should ask, where I should search for help.
I myself would now enjoy very much to forward something of my now acquired very little knowledge. I’d never dare to do tryton consulting for money - and would in any little more complicated case forward the request to the professionals. But I’d like to help people to do the first steps, and I guess this can be really joyful, could create new contacts and new insights in tryton.
I feel there is demand for very low-level oral&online-desktop-sharing support, which will not take away turnover from the professionals, but increase tryton’s market share.
Guidelines could be:
- offer is free of charge
- service should normally not exceed 5 hrs
- service person can choose date and amount of support provided
- service person is always free to stop continuation
- service person will always forward requests beyond his abilities to the tryton professionals
- service person does “as good as he can”, but is not responsible for any casualties
- [to be extended]
Does the community like that idea? - I would offer such a service for Germany, does anybody else for other countries?