Cannot create Fiscal Year

Hello Trytoners! (is that the correct name for Tryton users?)

I selected the Minimal Chart of Accounts when configuring a new system, created a product, created initial stock, created a customer sales order, processed, and shipped. Now I want to create and send an invoice to the customer.

What is the correct process to create an invoice for the customer and then recognise payment from the customer? I created a Pro forma invoice, and (iiuc) now need to Post the Invoice before sending to the customer, but I seem to be blocked needing to create a Fiscal Year and Periods. When I attempted to Post the invoice, I got an error popup saying I need to create Periods first. I then attempted to create Periods via menu [Financial > Configuration > Fiscal Years > Periods], and get a “Pre-Validation” error if I enter the basic data and click Create Periods, or a ‘“Values of Invoice Sequences” are not valid"’ error if I simply click Save.

Can someone point out what I am doing wrong? Did I need to create a Fiscal Year and Periods before creating/shipping a order?

Cheers

No Fiscal Year (or Periods) have been defined:

Error after attempting to Post invoice:

Trying to create Fiscal Year - error after clicking Create Periods:

Tryton to create Fiscal Year - error after clicking Save:

You have to create a new fiscal year with:

• on tab Sequences add different sequences
  • on tab Periods click the Create Periods button to create the periods automatically

Check also Account Module — Tryton module for accounting

This is because otherwise no account moves can be created.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.