Warn if supplier invoice has no reference

Now that Tryton warns if there’s a similar supplier invoce based on the reference field we want to get rid of a module we had that did basically the same.

One small thing we miss is making the reference field required on supplier invoices or warning if the user forgets about it.

Would that be a desired feature?

1 Like

For me there are valid cases where a supplier invoice could not have a reference: auto-invoicing, invoice for employee expenses etc.

That’s why maybe a warning could be a good option.

Maybe a configuration at journal level

It will not create a good user experience because if the field is required it should be managed as such.
But also warn for cases that does not make sense will be annoying for the user and probably confuse them.

For me configuration is most of the time not a good answer.
I prefer that those who wants this behavior customize.

We already discussed that in a previous post.

For auto invoicing the number can be used as reference

I do not think they should be booked using invoices but with Expense reimbursement

I see there are at least three implementors (virtual-things, datalife, nantic) which already have some custom code to make it required. Won’t be better to just make the field required on base (only for supplier invoices) and let who does not want such behaviour customize?

For the normal usage, the supplier invoice reference should be always filled with the supplier reference.
At least for Spain as we use such field for reporting the invoice to tax authorities

This is against the non-duplicate information principal.

I see no point to replicate all the invoice features.

You are just ignoring all the other who does not have such customization.
More over it goes against the Tryton rules to not require something that is not technically required.

Please provide references.

Then just make it not required for auto invoicing when it is implemented.

Nobody said that. Indeed you are allowing some users to enter some important information (like taxes and invoice numbers) because such fields does not make sense for expenses…

Of course it is not technically required but it is a good practice to enter it on all of the invoices.
It has been proposed to have a configuration to make it required but you say:

But of course, if there is people who can not customize (because they are users nor developers) then we will be always do it wrong not mather what is the default value.

https://sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es/Sede/iva/facturacion-registro/libros-registro-iva/libro-registro-facturas-recibidas.html