ValueError: 'ir.ui.menu' is not in list

After entering the username and password the system starts, but the error appears:

File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/tryton/gui/main.py", line 268, in do_command_line
    self.do_activate()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/tryton/gui/main.py", line 265, in do_activate
    self.get_preferences()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/tryton/gui/main.py", line 552, in get_preferences
    self.sig_win_menu(prefs=prefs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/tryton/gui/main.py", line 763, in sig_win_menu
    screen = Screen(action['res_model'], mode=['tree'], view_ids=view_ids,
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/tryton/gui/window/view_form/screen/screen.py", line 52, in __init__
    if not (MODELACCESS[model_name]['write']
            ~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/tryton/common/common.py", line 262, in __getitem__
    idx = self._models.index(model)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ValueError: 'ir.ui.menu' is not in list

after that it doesn’t show the menu in the left panel

Hello @eleazar, can you give some background? Was the system working and for no apparent reason now gives this error? Is the system a new install or an upgrade? Is it a new database, old database, or upgraded database?

It is an update from 7.0 to 7.2, it is installed from version 5.6

Adjustments have been made to the DB in each update, so far without errors.

It is not updated and remains with that error.

Well, at least it seems to be the upgrade that started things going bad, but I’m not likely to be of much help.

I’m in the process of upgrading from 6.8 to 7.0 to 7.2. If something occurs to me I’ll post, but hopefully smarter minds will chime in. Best wishes.

Indeed the error comes from the update

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.