Using Vue.js with Tryton: Experiences and Advantages/Disadvantages

Hello everyone,

I have been considering using Vue.js as the frontend framework for my web application, with Tryton as the backend platform. I was hoping to hear from anyone who has experience using these two technologies together.

According to my research, using Tryton and Vue together could provide a robust and scalable architecture for building web applications, with Tryton handling the backend business logic and data storage, and Vue handling the dynamic and interactive frontend.

What I would like to know is if anyone has any practical experiences with this combination, and if so, what were the advantages and disadvantages you faced? Any tips or recommendations for getting started would also be greatly appreciated.

I am looking forward to hearing from the community and learning from your experiences.

Best regards

Hello,

Welcome to our community. I give a talk on TUM2019 which explained how we build a mobile application connected to Tryton. Both technologies worked pretty well and four years latter they are beeing used day to day for our customer. This talk was recorded, you can see the video or the presentation.

Having said that, I won’t recomend trying to build from scratch the tryton frontend as there is a lot of features that you will probably miss and will be a very hard work. I will just recomend using an external frontend for having tailor made UI for specific workflows.

2 Likes

Did you continue your project? How is it going?

We already have a working MVP in vue.js and PHP in the backend but our backend is not being completed quickly and I fear we will be in bugdom forever. So like you I am also considering using Tryton for the backend with our existing Vue.js front.

If you plan to use Tryton as back-office, of course it makes sense to use it also as backend for your web application in Vue.js.
I also made many Vue.js application using Tryton as backend using User Application API or even just directly route and web_user module.
You must know that there is a plan for REST API for user application.

About Vue.js, I personally tries to avoid to deal with node.js and dependencies. Instead I follow Use Vue to create a SPA without any Node modules - DEV Community and use importmap. It generate a little bit more requests but not that much and mostly without extra delay thanks to http2.

1 Like

Thank you for the information and links!

Hi Eric, would it be OK to use React in place of Vue. My current learning exposure is with React.

Like you mentioned I am keen on integrating a mobile app with Tryton as back-end and back-office tool. Basically small organizations can just use the mobile app as-is, while larger organizations with more evolved processes can use Tryton as back-office ERP for other workflow.

Infact, we already have the mobile app . www.tryreekta.com . This was built an external developer using PHP. As at the time of development I barely had a clue about core details of programming. Any advice here?