Unable to install Tryton client on MacOS (from dmg file)

I can’t install the Tryton GTK client on MacOS Monterey 12.7.1, every time I try it tells me that the application is damaged.

Has anyone done this before?

You must authorize the application: Tryton - Get Tryton

I had already followed the instructions given, but the system still reports that the application is damaged, I don’t think if it is a permission issue.
We tried version 12.7.1 (Monterey), version 13.5 (Ventura) with ‘Gatekeeper’ disabled, still the same message.
Has anyone installed version 6.8.4 or 7.0 on any of these versions ?

My bad, the build machine is missing python-dateutil, goocalendar and playsound dependencies after Python version of Homebrew has been updated.
Those dependencies are not in Homebrew so they are installed manually via pip. So I added their update via pip in the script that update brew.

New builds are running now and should be available soon.

We have just done the test and the OS still reports that the package is damaged (on the 04/11 version).

Please try to launch from the console the app, if there is any crash it should be logged.

I have the same problem with version 7.0.2. loaded today. Output :

open -o --stderr Tryton.app
The application cannot be opened for an unexpected reason, error=Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-10810 “kLSUnknownErr: Unexpected internal error” UserInfo={_LSFunction=_LSLaunchWithRunningboard, _LSLine=3057, NSUnderlyingError=0x6000003cc330 {Error Domain=RBSRequestErrorDomain Code=5 “Launch failed.” UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Launch failed., NSUnderlyingError=0x6000003cc300 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=30 “Read-only file system” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Launchd job spawn failed}}}}}

It seems to be linked to the file system being read-only.
The client create a configuration folder in the user home. Is the user home writable?

It’s writable for me as the user. Event tried with root permissions, after reading the error message. Same output.

I have no idea if the following helps.
Found the following in the log:

fsck_hfs started at Fri Dec 15 11:42:43 2023
Can’t open /dev/rdisk4s1: Permission denied
** /dev/rdisk4s1 (NO WRITE)
Executing fsck_hfs (version hfs-650.0.2).
** Checking non-journaled HFS Plus Volume.
The volume name is Tryton Client 7.0.2

I’m having the same issue with 7.0.4 on MacOS 14.2.1 & and older machine running Catalina (can’t remember, the version#) Both machines show the following when attempting to open the application from the .dmg.

Any fix? I’m looking forward to testing this out for my company’s use.

Edit: I’ve also moved the Application into the applications folder and it show the same error message.

We need more information to be able to help.
Try to launch the application from the console and copy/paste the output.

Also for now we build only 64bit intel version. ARM should be supported in the next series.

Good to know, I’ll try on the intel machine again and see what logs come up. Thanks!

From the terminal I have this error:

** (process:41050): WARNING **: 09:45:09.663: Failed to load shared library '@executable_path/libgobject-2.0.0.dylib' referenced by the typelib: dlopen(@executable_path/libgobject-2.0.0.dylib, 0x0009): tried: '/Applications/Tryton.app/Contents/MacOS/libgobject-2.0.0.dylib' (no such file)

** (process:41050): WARNING **: 09:45:09.663: Failed to load shared library '@executable_path/libglib-2.0.0.dylib' referenced by the typelib: dlopen(@executable_path/libglib-2.0.0.dylib, 0x0009): tried: '/Applications/Tryton.app/Contents/MacOS/libglib-2.0.0.dylib' (no such file)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/cx_Freeze/initscripts/__startup__.py", line 124, in run
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/cx_Freeze/initscripts/console.py", line 16, in run
  File "bin/tryton", line 55, in <module>
  File "/Users/ced/tryton-7.0/tryton/tryton/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/goocalendar/__init__.py", line 11, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/goocalendar/_calendar.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1176, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1147, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 676, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 573, in module_from_spec
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gi/importer.py", line 146, in create_module
  File "/usr/local/Cellar/python@3.11/3.11.7_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11/lib/python3.11/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1204, in _gcd_import
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gi/importer.py", line 146, in create_module
  File "/usr/local/Cellar/python@3.11/3.11.7_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11/lib/python3.11/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gi/importer.py", line 147, in create_module
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gi/overrides/__init__.py", line 118, in load_overrides
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gi/overrides/GLib.py", line 37, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gi/_option.py", line 40, in <module>
gi._error.GError: g-invoke-error-quark: Could not locate g_option_error_quark: dlopen(@executable_path/libglib-2.0.0.dylib, 0x0009): tried: '/Applications/Tryton.app/Contents/MacOS/libglib-2.0.0.dylib' (no such file) (1)

The error occurs on both Intel and M2 processors…

Could you test this patched development build: https://www.b2ck.com/~ced/tryton-7.0.8-dev.dmg

If it is fixing the problem, we will need to backport Support cx_freeze 6.15.10 (!944) · Merge requests · Tryton / Tryton · GitLab and Put gir libraries under lib also for Windows (!1312) · Merge requests · Tryton / Tryton · GitLab

Could you test this patched development build: https://www.b2ck.com/~ced/tryton-7.0.8-dev.dmg

Hi Ced,
this build works on Intel processor!
To launch it I, on M2 processor, had to run the command:

xattr -c <path_download>/Tryton.app
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.