We are happy to announce the 3.2 release of Tryton.
This release mainly consolidates many new functionalities added in last two years. Also it prepares the future migration to Python 3 by dropping the support for Python 2.6. But also as usual there are many bug-fixes, improvements and new modules (see below).
Of course, migration from previous series is fully supported.
Major changes in graphical user interface
The client uses the local timezone to display date time.
The copy/paste on editable list has been improved to add new lines if needed beside of updating existing records.
The buttons of the view are also available in the action menu. This allows fast access using keyboard shortcuts but also trigger the button for a list of selected records.
Buttons and wizards can now trigger actions from the client side. This means it behaves like if the user clicked on one of the tool bar buttons.
The client uses now a pool of connections, this allows to speed up the client on requests that can be parallelized.
The attachment button can now receive drag & drop of file to quickly create attachments.
There is a new widget
multi-selection, it uses the
Many2Manyfield as backend. It is very useful and more visual when there is a small number of selection.
- The client allows to browse the revisions of a record if it is historized. It also works on a full list of records, in this case the client shows the result of the search as if it was done at the revision date.
Major changes on the server side
The server runs internally always in UTC timezone.
ModelStorage.writemethod receives the similar improvements as the
ModelStorage.createin version 2.8. This means it can write different values to many sets of records in one call and so this improves the performance by validating all the records at once and also it will validate only the modified and dependent fields. Also the action values of relation fields have been updated with the same interface.
A new decorator
fields.dependsis introduced to replace the deprecated
autocompletefields attributes. This decorator applies on the called methods and the result will be the sum of all depends of all the modules, this brings much more flexibility to the modularity.
Tryton uses bcrypt to hash password if the library is available.
All types of field can now have a domain to constraint its value and most of the domains are supported for pre-validation and inversion on the client side.
The on_change returned value of
One2Manyuses now an index for the
addkeyword. This allows to define the position of the new record in the list instead of being always at the bottom.
A new method
ModelSQL.restore_historyallows to restore the values of a record as they were at a specific date time.
- A new journal type
write-offhas been added to ease the creation of write-offs.
- Taxes has now an optional start and end, this allows to manage the changes over time.
French Chart of Account
- The French chart of account has been updated for the new tax rates of 2014.
- The module prevents now to use an already paid invoice in draft statements.
- It uses the new index of
on_changeto add the new split line under the original.
Account Stock Continental
- The creation of account move for stock move is speed-up.
- The IBAN numbers are now validated and formatted.
- A new timezone field is added to the company to get the right date for today.
- The employee is also taken from the context just like the company. This allows to use many clients with the same user but different employees.
- It is now possible to define the effective date of a production. This allows to enter past productions.
- There is now a warning when trying to receive a supplier stock move without an origin. Normally, the origin should be a purchase order.
- The purchase tries to create links between stock moves and invoice lines.
- The same warning exists for customer move without origin.
- The sale tries as the purchase to create links between stock moves and invoice lines.
- Supplier Shipment Return can now have partial assignation
- The computation of stock quantities has been reworked to allow easy customization and better search.
- It is now possible to define the effective date for all shipments. This allows to enter past shipments.
- A new relate has been added from lot to moves.
Party Relationshipmodule defines different types of relations between parties.
Account Paymentmodule allows to generate grouped payments for receivable and payable account move lines.
Account Payment SEPAmodule allows to generate SEPA files for payments.
Stock Packagemodule allows to store packaging information about customer and supplier return shipments.
Sale Shipment Groupingmodule adds an option to define how stock moves generated from sales will be grouped.
Account Credit Limitmodule manages credit limit of parties.
Sale Credit Limitmodule adds confirmed sale to the credit amount of the party.