Tryton 6.2.5 client installation on windows 10 issues

Hello All,

When I am running Tryton 6.2.5 client from source bin/tryton i am getting error NomoduleName found gi even after installing pygobject. I also tried installing PGI but i m getting error could not find libglib-2.0-0.dll.
Even I tried with Msys64 I m getting error when making installer in setup.py no modulename setuptools found during import from setuptools setup, find_packages.

Hope to get a solution here.

Thanks
Amish

The client depends on libraries that can not be installed by setuptools or pip.
You have to install those dependencies using the package manager of your environment.
To build the releases we use MSYS2 which provide binary packages for all the dependencies.

I tried with Msys2 but i m getting error mentioned below

amishd@DESKTOP-H8U77J1 MSYS ~/tryton
$ sh make-win32-installer.sh
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/amishd/tryton/./setup.py", line 9, in <module>
    from setuptools import setup, find_packages
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'setuptools

Thanks
Amish

First make-win32-installer.sh is to build an installer and not running the client.
So before trying to build, you should ensure that you can run it.

Clearly you do not have the setuptools package.

I have installed setuptools package below is command
mingw-w64-x86_64-python-setuptools-59.8.0-2

Can you please explain how i can run tryton client. I tried running bin/tryton but i m facing error modulename gi not found.

This is how you run it but you have to install the missing dependencies.

I am unable to install the missing dependies. when i m trying to install PGI for ‘gi’ , I m getting an error libglib-2.0-0.dll and also tried GTK3 with sample hello.py it is working fine but tryton client still getting error.

The first question comes to my mind is why you want to install the client this way on Windows? The only reason I could think of is that you want to make changes in the client. If not just download the client Tryton - Get Tryton and install it.

If you want to move forward with the installation this way, check out

I am new to Tryton ERP and I want to develop additional modules. I can run desktop client but that is not enough for me as I already worked on Tryton demo and familiar with the Tryton ERP. Now I want to get familiar with technical in case of deployment in client as well as server.
I tried using your below link how to build tryton client on windows 64 bit. As you said first try to run tryton client before building setup. I am getting error mention below
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/amishd/tryton/bin/tryton”, line 53, in
from tryton.client import main
File “/home/amishd/tryton/tryton/init.py”, line 4, in
import gi
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘gi’

Appreciate your help.

There is a rare case where you will need to build the client.
You should be able to extend all the server configuration using custom modules. Those changes will be read by the tryton client after restarting it.

Thank you it is good suggestion. I will install desktop client setup and check.

A post was split to a new topic: How to set admin password