Tryton 5.0 problem with python 3.10

I have python 3.10 installed and tryton 5.0.41 as gtk client, when I launch the application I get the following error:

ERROR:tryton.common.common:  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tryton/common/common.py", line 1150, in process
    self.callback(return_)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tryton/gui/main.py", line 532, in _set_preferences
    self.sig_win_menu(prefs=prefs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tryton/gui/main.py", line 637, in sig_win_menu
    screen = Screen(action['res_model'], mode=['tree'], view_ids=view_ids,
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tryton/gui/window/view_form/screen/screen.py", line 139, in __init__
    self.switch_view()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tryton/gui/window/view_form/screen/screen.py", line 528, in switch_view
    self.load_view_to_load()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tryton/gui/window/view_form/screen/screen.py", line 554, in load_view_to_load
    self.add_view_id(view_id, view_type)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tryton/gui/window/view_form/screen/screen.py", line 567, in add_view_id
    return self.add_view(view)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tryton/gui/window/view_form/screen/screen.py", line 594, in add_view
    view = View.parse(self, xml_dom, view.get('field_childs'))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tryton/gui/window/view_form/view/__init__.py", line 39, in parse
    from .graph import ViewGraph
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tryton/gui/window/view_form/view/graph.py", line 9, in <module>
    from .graph_gtk.bar import VerticalBar, HorizontalBar
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tryton/gui/window/view_form/view/graph_gtk/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    from parser import *

No module named 'parser'

Thanks in advance!

If I comment the line number 3 in __init__.py it works correctly as far as I tested. I did not find where the methods of that library are used.

The series 5.0 does not support Python 3.10. When it was release the last Python version was 3.7 so if you want to use this old series, you must use the dependencies of that time.

1 Like

I thought that since it was LTS it would work with OS updates. I am going to upgrade to a newer version.

Thanks!

I do not understand why people believe the LTS means it will be developed to upgrade to major version of dependencies. I never saw an OS LTS upgrading to a new major kernel or libc or gcc.

I was wrong about what an LTS version means, my apologies, thanks for the reply.

openSUSE Leap 15 series is LTS and does exactly this, inherited from SLE15, which is maintained until 2028. Although Python 3.6 is just EOL, support for this continues. Newer python versions are shipped as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.