Training module for Tryton

Hi,

We juste published the github repository which we (@coopengo) are using for training our new employees.

It is written for versions 4.4 / 5.0 of tryton.

Feel free to use it / request changes in issues.

JC

5 Likes

Will it not be better to revive training: log
Instead of using mqueue, we could now use unpublished repository with evolve.

2 Likes

@JCavallo This is a great initiative to write a step by step document as a training manual to make a new developer to fully understand how to develop Tryton modules. This will be very helpful to the community at large.

@ced The Training module on the mercurial repository is a very neat way to understand the coding flow.

IMHO, as a trainer, we require both the platforms. Step by step commits making a new developer understand how the code flows along with a good training manual. I will put in my efforts to showcase the same to the community. Then we can integrate both the platforms to create a robust training manual.

2 Likes

@ced Well we focused on writing content for now, and on git because that’s what we are internally using.

As it’s done right now, it’s using two repositories: One with all the branches with the different steps of the training, and one with the actual text which is currently stored in the github wiki.

Switching to hg seems a lot of work due to how the module is designed (one branch per tryton version / training step). However, hosting it under a tryton-owned domain seems reasonable.

You can convert them to mercurial bookmarks

Thanks for this repository , i have been developing for odoo from 8 to 12 but am transitioning to Tryton and this repository helps clarify on the few differences on the api

Hi!

i am new in tryton and starts with this trainning tutorial…

i got this error:

(try_env) diego@rebec:~/tryton/training/library$ pip install --editable /home/diego/tryton/training/library
Obtaining file:///home/diego/tryton/training/library
ERROR: No .egg-info directory found in /tmp/pip-pip-egg-info-wun8z3u7

what am i doing wrong?

Hi,

You should actually head to the wiki and follow the steps here.

1 Like

Great tutorial I recommend to all people that starts on “Tryton” world :wink: Its maybe the most complete tuto online :wink:

@JCavallo great work :wink: