Templates and reports in account_dunning

We are investigating the account_dunning modules (also letter and email) and we got two questions

1. When installed account_dunning_email you are able to select a email template on each dunning procedure on each level. Why is this not for the “paper” reports?
  2. After the dunnings are created and processed, there is no possibility to print the report(s) anymore.

Did we miss something? Or do we have to create our own module for that? It would be really nice to have both.

B.T.W. we are on 4.6

Because email is different than OpenDocument.

I guess we could maybe add a keyword on the report to allow to run it again on the dunning but this will shortcut the workflow.
Otherwise, I’m pretty sure that you can re-process again dunning that have already been processed.

Technical their is a difference in mail/document. Question is about the ‘logic’ for the user. In the mail procedure you can add another template for each step in the dunning-process. For the “paper” reports you have one report, regardless the dunning-step you want to run.

It would be better to decide first the type of message in a particular step for dunning (mail / document) en after to take a template. When you chose mail, you are forced to take a mail template. And for document a document-report.

How do other users handle different documents at different dunning steps in general?

Indeed it would be a good improvement to be able to define the report on the level (like for email) but it is a little complex to implement.

When you look at the module notification_email, a report is also generated based on the template you have selected.
I’m going to give it a try to do something similar with the dunning_letter and see if it’s complex or still be readable code.

For now, the simplest solution is to put a big switch case on the report for each level.