Support older MacOS version

We have a single MacOS build machine. This machine needs to be kept up to date for obvious reasons. The problem is that each time we perform the upgrade we have complains (like Mac client 6.0.12 system requirements) that the new builds are no more working on older versions. It seems to not be a common behavior in macOS world to follow the upgrade after several months. Also if we wait too long to upgrade, we may miss the free upgrade window.
So I propose that the Foundation buy a Parallels license for developer in order always get an oldest supported version running on which we could build the clients (and we can use the host to test the build process on latest version).
Once the build on ARM will be fixed, we will need a second license for the ARM builds.

1 Like

I’m not sure that the two Mac Mini can support running parallels.

An other option is to always run the latest macOS on the build machine and thus support only this version.

Dear Cédric
Newer Macs have ARM processors (M1 to M3 at the moment). I use the free UTM app to virtualize macOS 12 (Monterey), macOS 13 (Ventura) on my MacBook Air. Older Version don’t need to be supported I’d say.

Cheers, Stefan