Trade department often needs to get product last best purchase price or best purchase price for a new product. So this is not a purchase request, but just asking a purchase price to multiple suppliers to answer with a correct sale price to a customer request for a product.
A new price_request model will be added to track the following information:
- Employee: The employee asking for price
- Product: (optional)
- Description: (required if no product)
- Unit price: (Updated with the best quotation line)
- Currency: (Updated with the best quotation line)
- Supply: (date)
- Quotation lines: One2Many on quotation_lines
- Best quotation line: selection of the best quotation line (first one answered with best price by default)
- State: [draft, quotation_lines states
A wizard asking for suppliers will create new quotations for a product price request. Maybe we could reuse the purchase_request_quotation module for this task (“request” field on quotation_line should become an “origin” field). Each quotation generated will copy information from price_request and follow the same workflow that the purchase_request_quotation module. An employee can follow the quotations on each price request and select the best quotation.