Statement Lines with taxes

Hi,

I’ve found that our bank creates the following lines on the statement:

• COMISION: 1€
  • TAX COMISSION: 0.21€

This is related to their services but it does not encode any invoice for it.

Currently I see no way to create the tax lines from the bank statement, so I’m wondering how other people is entering this information in tryton?

It is right to create a invoice for the statement line even if you have not received any legal document for it?
Should we extend the statement module to allow to set the tax lines when the invoice field is empty?

Any comments will be appreciated.

I guess the statement is considered as an invoice.

I think this is wrong because it would require to have almost a full invoice form on the line. For example, you need to be able to specify the accounting date.

So for me, the solution is the create a move template for this kind of cost. And to call it when reconciling the statement.
Maybe we could have a mechanism on the reconciliation wizard to reconcile lines using a specific template instead of the write-off journal.

We have similar in France, at least for some banks.

Normally, an invoice can only be created if there is a legally established invoice communicated… by definition.

We receive a monthly invoice listing the VAT and non VAT subjected charges and commissions including a booking date for each which are the same dates found on the bank statement.

Currently we book the statement lines ex-VAT charges and commissions directly to the appropriate account (typically 6278 or 6616 in the French plan) and, when VAT is involved, add a line booking the VAT directly to 44566x. The invoice is kept with the statement.

Nevertheless we are considering, for audit purposes, booking the full invoice and, consequently, the statement move(s) to the bank’s supplier account - then manually reconciling on a monthly basis…
unfortunately it seems impossible to select invoices for [partial] payments in the invoice selection wizard invoked during statement data entry (neither multiple statement lines for one invoice as in this case, nor for multiple invoices per statement line which happens upon occasion as well).

It is possible but only if the amount of the statement line is less or equal to remaining amount to pay on the invoice (and if the invoice is posted).

But reconciliation on the statement will always be limited to simple case. For full featured reconciliation, the wizard must be used.

Another option would be to allow to define a move template on the statement line. So when the statement is posted it will create the templated move and reconcile the matching lines.

I like this idea, but then we should launch the create move wizard to ask the parameters of each move.

Not sure if this will be difficult to understand by the end user, specially when multiple templates are used on the same statement.

No, I think such template should be marked as available for statement line and so they should use only keywords that will be filled by the statement line.

Ah yes, I see. Thanks. For the monthly statements/invoices the cumulated total will always be paid such that cash basis TVA will be okay.

Yes, it is right to create an invoice (in Spain at least). Acording to the "Real Decreto 1619/2012, de 30 de noviembre" Art. 2, 2nd paragraph:

“2. Los gastos y deducciones por operaciones realizadas por entidades de crédito podrán justificarse a través del documento, extracto o nota de cargo expedido por la entidad en el que consten los datos propios de una factura salvo su número y serie.”

@risto3, just a question about this method: how do you add tax line from the statement ? I mean you could add a account line using 44566x account, but the tax’s plan will not use it.

I think it is possible to first validate the statement, and next edit the move line to add tax line, but it seems a complex approch.

Do I miss something ?

Adding an additional account line is how we did it in openerp (where we didn’t effectively use tax lines at all), in tryton we will enter the invoice as indicated above and will select that invoice to create the tax lines.

BTW, I believe that even if the invoice comes later (end of the month), when we reconcile the payment lines made during the month to the invoice, the tax lines should be correctly generated.

The case you mention for manually adding the tax line, we will still have it (anything not generated via invoicing) as there are movements from payroll that have VAT, so the only way to create the tax lines is manually for the moment.
I imagine we could partially fix that with an import script as opposed to simply doing CSV though.