Skip_warnings and cache issues

account_invoice module raises a warning if the user tries to post an invoice and any due date is in the past.

Several customers didn’t want that warning and we created a small module that simply overrides the get_move() method and calls the super with _skip_warnings=True

This worked flawlessly in 6.0 but in 6.4 came out as the culprit of a strange error which took quite some time to track down.

When the invoice is posted we get the following backtrace:

File "/trytond/modules/sale/invoice.py", line 83, in _post
    super()._post(invoices)
  File "/trytond/modules/purchase/invoice.py", line 22, in wrapper
    func(cls, invoices)
  File "/trytond/modules/purchase/invoice.py", line 96, in _post
    super()._post(invoices)
  File "/trytond/modules/account_invoice_stock/account.py", line 26, in _post
    super()._post(invoices)
  File "/trytond/modules/account_invoice/invoice.py", line 1594, in _post
    Move.post([i.move for i in invoices if i.move.state != 'posted'])
  File "/trytond/modules/account_invoice/invoice.py", line 1594, in <listcomp>
    Move.post([i.move for i in invoices if i.move.state != 'posted'])
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'state'

In order to understand what piece of code was setting move=None after being written correctly to the database, I had to add some instrumentation which eventually showed that the value was set to None by the following line of code:

and more precisely with this backtrace:

File "/trytond/trytond/modules/sale/invoice.py", line 83, in _post
    super()._post(invoices)
  File "/trytond/trytond/modules/purchase/invoice.py", line 22, in wrapper
    func(cls, invoices)
  File "/trytond/trytond/modules/purchase/invoice.py", line 96, in _post
    super()._post(invoices)
  File "/trytond/trytond/modules/account_invoice_stock/account.py", line 26, in _post
    super()._post(invoices)
  File "/trytond/trytond/modules/account_invoice/invoice.py", line 1585, in _post
    move = invoice.get_move()
  File "/trytond/trytond/modules/account_prevent_due_date_warning/invoice.py", line 10, in get_move
    return super().get_move()
  File "/trytond/trytond/modules/account_payment_days/invoice.py", line 82, in get_move
    return super(Invoice, self).get_move()
  File "/trytond/trytond/modules/account_invoice/invoice.py", line 996, in get_move
    if self.move:
  File "/trytond/trytond/model/fields/field.py", line 365, in __get__
    return inst.__getattr__(self.name)
  File "/trytond/trytond/model/modelstorage.py", line 1806, in __getattr__
    self._cache[id_]._update(
  File "/trytond/trytond/model/model.py", line 520, in _update
.... some instrumentation code ...

It looks like the fact that the Move assigned to the field move of invoice, is causing issues if instantiated with different context as the one of the invoice, or at least with skip_warnings=True. That sounds strange given that it looks like the cache should ignore that key.

All of this looks like a bug to me, it should either work or raise an error when we try to assign a move with a context different from the one of the invoice but I may be missing something.

Thoughts?

Please use permalink

I can not reproduce this behavior so I guess this is due to something else than the context key.

It cannot be reproduced if the only dependency of the module is account_invoice but as soon as you add account_invoice_stock it fails.

Also when create a new database and same modules, I can’t reproduce.

Finally I detect that is related to cache because with pdb, has a move in the database correctly. Also, in case we add browse() in this point [1], read correctly the object.

[1] https://foss.heptapod.net/tryton/tryton/-/blob/branch/default/modules/account_invoice/invoice.py#L1646

I don’t understand you comment. Are you saying that you could reproduce the issue or not?

• New database, not reproduce (same modules activated).
  • After upgrate database, yes.

Please permalink and link feature of markdown.

It should be fixed by Transaction cache not always cleaned (#12119) · Issues · Tryton / Tryton · GitLab