Continuing the discussion from Pack Application:
Once a shipment is packed, we need to ship it (mark as done). At this state, there is the need to print the shipping label from the module
The SPA could be extended to have a Ship menu entry.
- The user enters the shipment Number (or pick one if many matches). The available shipments are those in packed state and that are not assigned to any other employee.
- The user requests the creation of the label using a button on the shipment.
- The user fetch the label for each root packages.
- The user set the shipment to done.
We must create some API’s:
To search shipments:
- by number and warehouse
- by warehouse and assigned to employee
To retrieve the data of a shipment. It should contain everything needed for the application.
To send the modification done on the shipment:
- It should allow to assign it to the employee
- It should allow to ship (do) the shipment.
To run the create shipping wizard on the shipment.
To retrieve the label data.