Setuping the Tryton - relation "ir_module" does not exist

Hello!
I’m trying to setup the Tryton on my Ubuntu 12.04, i’ve installed all the requirements, cloned all the modules to the appropriate folder, but i’m stuck with the “setup a database” step.

First of all, looks like the exact command to init the DB has changed the accepting args from what is described in the docs:

(venv_tryton)kulver@k-ubuntu:~/projects/semilimes/trytond$ python bin/trytond -c ../config_tryton.ini -d tryton --all
/home/kulver/projects/semilimes/venv_tryton/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/relatorio/templates/__init__.py:29: UserWarning: Unable to load plugin 'chart'
  warnings.warn("Unable to load plugin '%s'" % name)
usage: trytond [-h] [--version] [-c FILE] [-v] [--dev]
               [-d DATABASE [DATABASE ...]] [--logconf FILE] [--pidfile FILE]
trytond: error: unrecognized arguments: --all

Moving on… If i just try without it, or go with --dev instead, i’ll get this exception:

(venv_tryton)kulver@k-ubuntu:~/projects/semilimes/trytond$ python bin/trytond -c ../config_tryton.ini -d tryton
/home/kulver/projects/semilimes/venv_tryton/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/relatorio/templates/__init__.py:29: UserWarning: Unable to load plugin 'chart'
  warnings.warn("Unable to load plugin '%s'" % name)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/trytond", line 29, in <module>
    Pool(name).init()
  File "/home/kulver/projects/semilimes/trytond/trytond/pool.py", line 155, in init
    lang=lang)
  File "/home/kulver/projects/semilimes/trytond/trytond/modules/__init__.py", line 429, in load_modules
    _load_modules()
  File "/home/kulver/projects/semilimes/trytond/trytond/modules/__init__.py", line 392, in _load_modules
    'to remove'))))
  File "/home/kulver/projects/semilimes/venv_tryton/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2cffi/_impl/cursor.py", line 30, in check_closed_
    return func(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/kulver/projects/semilimes/venv_tryton/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2cffi/_impl/cursor.py", line 263, in execute
    self._pq_execute(self._query, conn._async)
  File "/home/kulver/projects/semilimes/venv_tryton/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2cffi/_impl/cursor.py", line 696, in _pq_execute
    self._pq_fetch()
  File "/home/kulver/projects/semilimes/venv_tryton/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2cffi/_impl/cursor.py", line 757, in _pq_fetch
    raise self._conn._create_exception(cursor=self)
psycopg2cffi._impl.exceptions.ProgrammingError: relation "ir_module" does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT "a"."name" FROM "ir_module" AS "a" WHERE ("a"."state"...
                               ^

Just in case, my config file is very simple yet and looks like this:

(venv_tryton)kulver@k-ubuntu:~/projects/semilimes/trytond$ cat ../config_tryton.ini
[database]
uri = postgresql://kulver:1234@localhost:5432/
path = /var/lib/trytond

Maybe the docs are outdated a little? I’d really appreciate your help, since Tryton looks very interesting and me myself and the team i’m woring in is really looking forward to discover how cool Tryton is.

Thank you!

Hi,
first of all this is not the right place to ask for help. Discuss is intended to act as wiki and allow discussion new developments on Tryton.

That said, you do not state what version of trytond you are trying to install nor what documentation you are reading.

I think you are reading old docs while trying to install trytond 3.9, where the database setup is now handled by the trytond-admin command. Please check trytond --help and trytond-admin --help for an updated doc about it.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, @kstenger!
The trytond-admin -c ../config_tryton.ini -d tryton --all command did the trick for my 3.9 setup.

And sorry for trashing this forum with this post. Maybe you can specify where are such questions better be placed? Thank you!

For now, we use the mailing lists: http://www.tryton.org/community.html#mailing-lists
And mainly: http://groups.tryton.org/

1 Like