Set up notification for low stock and mature bills

Hello everybody,
I saw that there is a notification feature in tryton, but I could not find out how to set up notificatíons when

• a stock level gets under the level defined in “order points”,
  • bills reach the date of maturity

Practical hints for the dummy would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Wolf

I do not think it is possible to define a trigger for such temporal event.
Any way there is no point for such notification because stock level is managed by the replenishment of stock supply module and maturity date by the dunning modules.

Thanks for clarification.
I think, a flexible and powerful notification feature is essential for ERM. Dolibarr e.g. has got it. In my small enterprise, I’d like to be notified about:

• stock levels under order points
  • customers’ bills becoming mature
  • suppliers’ bills becoming mature
  • tax payments becoming mature
  • tax declaration and other periodical legal obligations are coming close

I’m not certain whether it makes sense to implement the last two in tryton, but at least the first three I think should. I guess, there are quite some more of these issues I’m not aware of.

Cheers,
Wolf

Such notification exists, it is the records of purchase/production requests and the dunnings.

Thank you for your attention. Unluckily, I have no idea how things can be set up. Is there any docu on that available?

The stock supply of order point can be setup as scheduled task, the documentation of the module has not yet been updated to the new standard: Stock Supply Module — trytond_stock_supply latest documentation
But the dunning wizard must still be run manually: Account Dunning Module — trytond_account_dunning latest documentation

Well. As I could not solve this crucial issue, I’m coming back to it.

In order to achieve a low stock notification, I created a scheduler action, which looks like this:

But nothing happens, as well not, when I click the “run once” button.
What should actually happen?

Cheers,
Wolf

It should create purchase requests, internal shipments or production requests.
Indeed to see the result it is better to launch the “Supply Stock” wizard which opens the lists of the results.

Right. It is not easy to understand the proceeding.

When I trigger the action manually, it creates a request. But that’s not very useful, as I need to check manually, if a request is created. As there is no alert, I will normally not get aware of that request. Is there a way to create some sort of alert/notification?

Bthw:
When I run the “supply stock” wizard manually, it opens the “internal shipments” window - which is empty. Under “requests”, I can find results which make sense. This is a little confusing to me…

Cheers,
Wolf

Well in most businesses this is part of the daily routing of purchase department.

You could setup an email notification when a request or what ever is created. But I guess this will be very quickly annoying.

In a big company - certainly.
But in a one-man-business, I would want IT to do such a job for me.
And if I’m certain about one thing: There are quite some more small businesses, than trusts in this world…

Sounds good. How would I do that?

Could somebody drop me a few keywords, a link or something? - I have no idea where to start with research… ):

Cheers,
Wolf

This is not really optimal but something like this should work:

The main problem is that the email is sent to the user created the purchase request with a fallback to admin. So the create user should be root when run from the cron. At least the fallback user must have an email address.

The content of the report can be any thing you want (and even use content of the record of purchase request).

Thank you for these tips. It seems, in order to implement this, one must know much more about models etc than I do.

I found a pragmatic approach:
I added the “supply stock” wizard to “actions”, such it is performed at any client launch. It is quick to dismiss it when I’m sure I don’t need it today - but I’m certain to be reminded. Not perfect, but easy and good enough for now.

Thanks to make me think about it.

Greetings,
Wolf

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.