Separate payable/receivabe based on fiscal year

This is just a quick question about a niche user case.

Context:
I stumble about this when creating the Italian chart of account.
I need to report separately if the debt(or part there of) will be pay in the current fiscal year, or the next.
An example of a balance sheet with this quirk:

Screenshot_2020-03-18 Microsoft Word - Seconda prova intermedia Ecoaz B 2005 doc - Schemi_di_Bilancio pdf
Glossary:

• Crediti: credit (separated by “type of debtor” this case)
  • Entro 12 mesi: the credit will be paid this fiscal year (Within 12 months is the literal translation)
  • Oltre 12 mesi: the credit will be paid in the next fiscal year (after 12 months is the literal translation)

Usually this is done manually by the accountant and two sub account, but I’m wondering if this can be(or already is) automated.

I know the information is there (by using the payment term), so the question is if there is a already a way to create a report with this information automatically.
(dind’t tested it yet, but does Reporting based on date range keep track of the payment terms for each line)

If there is not a solution right away, what should be the best approach resolving for this problem?

Normally the debt is separated on two clases:

• Short term (to be paid on the next year)
  • Long term (to be paid on another fiscalyear)

Usually most chart of accounts separate them using diferent accounts (which are reported on diferent types of the balance).

So probably in this case you can create a sub-type for each of the debt. For example:

1. Crediti
    a. verso imprese controllate
    1. Entro 12 messi
    2. Oltre 12 messi

The account for short term will has the Entro 12 messi as type and the account with long-term will have Olter 12 messi.

This will allow the accountant to see the full details directly from the balance sheet, without having to modify anything in Tryton. Also it will be possible to see the amount of parent types as the behaviour of tryton is to sum the amounts of the children types.

1 Like