SEPA Initiator Identifier

(Sergi Almacellas Abellana) #1

In SPAIN when generating a SEPA file for payment ordering the initiator identifier must be diferent than the sepa creditor identifier. This is explained on page 33 of the normative, which I copy paste here:

En Identificación, salvo acuerdo previo entre el ordenante y su entidad financiera, se
aplicará la siguiente regla de uso de la comunidad española. Es obligatorio que el
ordenante consigne el NIF-Sufijo (12 caracteres) cuyo uso tenga acordado con su entidad
financiera.

I’m wondering if there are other european countries with similar need and how are you manging this cases.

(Cédric Krier) #2

I do not see in the quote the requirement about having two different identifier.

(Sergi Almacellas Abellana) #3

Sorry, I did not add the link to show how the sepa creditor identifier is composed on Spain

But as resume, sepa creditor identifier is build as:

ESDDXXXZZZZZZZZZ

Where DD is the digit the control, XXX is the sufix (normally 000) and ZZZZZZZZ is the vat number of the company

And sepa initiator identifier is build as:

ZZZZZZZZZXXX

Where ZZZZZZZZZ is the vat number and XXX the sufix.

(Cédric Krier) #4

So you mean that for debit like PAIN.001.003.03 the <PrvtId> should not be SEPA but something but the NIF.
I made some research and in Belgium we must put the enterprise number as <Id> and “KBO-BCE” as <Issr> (ref: Standard Credit Tranfer page 23).
What are the data for Spain?

So I think we should update the PAIN template to use another identifier than the SEPA and have some code that each country must implement to find the proper ID.

(Sergi Almacellas Abellana) #5

Yes, nif plus 3 extra digits (normally 000)

In Spain Issr is Optional. One of: Cd, Prty or Issr should be specified, so it works with the current Prty

(Cédric Krier) #6

For me, it looks strange that two different “number” have the same schema name.
Any way, my proposal is still valid:

(Sergi Almacellas Abellana) #7

I’ve just created Issue 8063: Add sepa initiator identifier - Tryton issue tracker