Selection of default Bill of Materials on Production

Hi,

On the production entry screen, there is a drop-down field to choose a BOM. Is there any possibility to set a default BOM so that I do not need to choose from the list. The risk is we can select a wrong BOM from the list.

Once you selected a product, only it’s available BOMs will be able to be selected.

On the variant form you can define the list of available BOMs per product. The first one will be used as default value when selecting a product on the production.

I set the BOM in the variant’s production tab, but when I go back to productions and select the product the BOM field does not get filled. I can of course select it manually.
Inside production module grep -r default_bom . yields no results.
Any advice?
It should not be too difficult to write a default_bom, but it should not be done if it is already supposed to exist.

Indeed @pokoli answer was wrong. There is no default selection of BoM when user enter manually a production. The automatic selection happens only for productions created by stock supply.

Now should we have it by default filled, I think it will be good but we need first a better selection mechanism than just taking the first one. Probably by implementing a MatchMixin.

1 Like

And what will be the criterias used for this MatchMixin?

For now I can see:

• the quantity because on there can be some scale factor from which other processes can be used
  • the warehouse because all the tools are not necessary available on a specific warehouse

but of course the idea is to have it flexible so new one can be added easily.