Sale price by warehouse

Today I thought about the following (without final result):
Retailers of consumer goods always provide a few samples for customers to test. These are then sold for a lower price after a certain period of time. We have set up our own warehouse for this purpose, where they are managed. Similar to the Product Cost Warehouse Module — Tryton module to compute product cost per warehouse module, I’m now thinking about whether we could make a sales price per warehouse module. What do you think of this idea, how do you handling this or is there even a more simple alternative?

I think that it will be better to manage that as different product.
Indeed normally once the company is using its own goods, it become an asset. So when you sale a used product, indeed you are selling an asset. And in Tryton an asset is a different product than a goods.

You’re right - I’ve already thought something like that. The solution would be a wizard that duplicates the product and, if necessary, asks the user in which warehouse he wants to store the article and carries out the necessary goods movements. I’ll have to find out more about the accounting requirements.

why not a variant of the product ?

Because the type_ of product is a template property.