Sale_pos installation on Tryton version 5

There is the sale_gift_card module which already provides this functionality. So we just need to make this feature available on the sale_point. It will be great if you can test if this fits your needs.

IIRC there is a configuration value on the sale point to decide if the system should use the product price with tax or without taxes.

Thank you Sergi, I wasn’t aware of this module – great to have it. We will test it and see if/how we get our existing (open) positions transferred.

Just to let you know i did implement a Tryton POS system and it supports 4 shops in realtime and running a Fedora Server backend and 10 windows clients with no issue and this is the 3 rd year and no major issues just the windows machines and not tryton clients bringing issues now and then but everything is smooth as honey , but the sale screen interface i think when i get sometime will update

It’s very nice to hear people having Tryton success stories. Did you consider submiting yours to our website? I think it will be a good idea.

Good morning everyone, dear friends,

I have been reading about the sales points for a long time even before I met Tryton, I am also interested in these implementations to be able to give solutions to some friends with small businesses.

I would appreciate any guide or tutorial for the implementation in a test installation on my Tryton 6.0 server in Linux Gentoo, that can provide me with the necessary experience to provide my friends with a solution to their needs with POS.

I tried to implement the zikzakmedia solution but due to ignorance I stayed like a bird in grass (Just looking from side to side without knowing what to do).

Thanks for your comments and lights for this ignorant of life :wink:

Hello, I just wanted to have a look at the current state of sale_point module.
May I have the chance to find it somewhere to download?
I only find the issue tracking https://codereview.tryton.org/21391002/

The codereview is the current state of the sale_point module.

You should be able to download it using the raw link and then use patch to convert the diff to the module, for example:

curl https://codereview.tryton.org/download/issue21391002_347761002.diff | patch -fp1

Thank you for your support, David! Following your hint, Frederik installed it on Tryton v6, just getting very few/tiny errors, e.g. “code” (ir_sequence). It’s running now – and we’ll test it the next days. I’ll keep you updated.

1 Like