Requesting and Applying Discounts in Sales module

When a customer requests a discount, the salesperson initiates a discount request to the administration. The administration then reviews and approves the discount, after which it can be applied to the product.

How can I modify the existing sale_discount module to incorporate this workflow? Specifically, I need to add functionality for requesting a discount, reviewing and approving the request in the administration module, and applying the approved discount amount to the product. Any insights or suggestions on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

You can add an additional state in the sale workflow or simply modify the confirm.
On the confirm button you can add a button rule which controls the ongoing of the workflow.
Such a rule could simply require a number of different users to click (Four Eyes Principle), or requiring a user with a special access group, like the force assign stock moves in shipments or approve in a purchase requisition.
HIH

2 Likes

The button rule can be conditional to values of the record. For example if the sale amount is greater than an amount etc.
So for discount, I guess it will be great to have in standard the total discount for the sale as amount and percentage. So Add total discount amount and percentage per sale (#12402) · Issues · Tryton / Tryton · GitLab

1 Like