Repetition/Duplicity of the Account Charts

Hello ,

in the module "Financial" > General accounts > menu "accounts", i want to work with SKR03 Chart of Accounts chart but after activating this one i found 4 of them ,knowing that i just activated one SK03.

The problem is that the SKR03 has a huge amount of different accounts so it is ridiculous to try to choose from this lists of accounts because in Account Types we have now more than 500 accounts to choose from and in Accounts more than 4000!! And it’s just because it is repeated 4 times and that’s why i want to delete the duplicates one.

when i try to delete the other 3 SKR03 , there was an error tell me

The records could not be deleted because they are used by field "Parent" of "Account".

i want to know why there are 4 of “Kontenplan skr03 (Germany)” and what i should do to delete the duplicated versions!.

Thanks in advance

Because you have created 4 times a chart from the templates or duplicated the roots 3 times (depends if you have accounts, types and taxes duplicated or not).
Since series 4.8, there is a warning if you try to create a new chart for a company that already have one.

Thanks for the quick response

Here i was seeing this warning " Since series 4.8, there is a warning if you try to create a new chart for a company that already have one " i was ignore it because i have create a new chart with “SKR03” because “SKR03” it was not activated yet to work and if i didn’t create this SKR03 in the wizard “create chart account” i guess i can not with SKR03 !

and about a solution !

should i delete the records of the accounts menu manually" or is there any other solution !!

Yes and probably consolidate the chart to create a unique chart as you may have used account from different trees.

in the menu " Account Types" when i try to remove the duplicated one "

tell me :

The records could not be deleted because they are used by field “Parent” of “Account Type”.

should i delete first the duplicated “accounts” before deleting “Account Types”!!?

Yes you must first delete the accounts because they have a foreign key to account type.
But also you must delete the all try of account type or at least a full branch because the type has self-referencing foreign key.

1 Like

HI M. @ced again , after remove all the duplicates accounts , i was gone “account types” to delete them , but there was an error prohibit me from removing them

The data records could not be deleted because they are used in the "Type" field of "Account".

and in other records of “account types” when i want to remove them give me another error:

The data records could not be deleted because they are used by "Account type" in the "Parent (account type)" field.
please, what does mean this and how i should correctly delete the “Account Types” !

This means that you try to delete an account type that is used by the remaining account.
You probably deleted accounts from different charts.
I can not help more because at some point you ignored the warnings and thus created many difficulties.