Modules update not working?

Accessing to Tryton as admin on my newly installed Tryton 6 after being leaded to the first steps, I’m trying to update all my modules which are updatable.
I’m not receiving any error, but after completing the updates, everything keeps the same as before.
On Tryton 5 that was working properly. What am I doing wrong?

What version are you actually talking about?

How?

What is the problem?

How?

In Administration/Modules marking all updatable modules and then proceeding with the fan

What is the problem?

The problem is that nothing is updated. All the activated modules stay in the same version, with the possibility to mark updating. On an GNU-Health-Installation on a hosted server it’s worse: when doing that, tryton hangs up

I once was not paying attention and updated modules while trytond was running, and even after trytond-admin -m -d database, I could see the new modules but after marking them for activation/upgrade nothing happened.

This is of course solved by a restart and then redo the activation/upgrade. Probably also a good idea to stop the server before updating.

But I’m trying to updating from inside of Tryton, since there is a menu point to do so, which worked for me in the previous version for activation and updating.
By the way, I rebooted several times, purged the database and began again, before asking my question here, because it always ends up with the same symptoms as described here.
Am I really the only one suffering these problems? What would be the command to update all modules at once, when Tryton sever ist stopped? I only know the one by one command where you must know all modules names (and that didn’t worked either)

I encounter the same problem. Trying to activate timesheet module with Desktop Client’, with tryton 6.4.0. Status is still ‘To be activated’ after few try, with admin user, and without any error displayed. I’ve try to restart tryton service without success.

Ho! Logout Login actually and modules are activated… Not sure to understand but problem solved.

what version are you actually talking about?

I’ve overseen that question: 6.0.19 server & 6.0.16 client

Yes, activating is possible for me too, but trying to deactivate fails again.

Updating a database is documented here:
https://docs.tryton.org/projects/server/en/latest/topics/setup_database.html#update-a-database

The update from the client is about updating the database with the code installed. It does not change the code installed. For that you must update using the package manager you used to install the modules.

1 Like

Thank you.
Of course, I know that documentation, but in that special article they talk about updating the database, which is not my problem, as described above.

Ok, as I understand, that means that there should be updates in the package manager, apt in my case, but there aren’t. So, wherefrom Tryton is getting the information that an update is available.
Is it possible, that pip is interfering in any way? If so, how I can get rid of that?

Only the client does that and it should check on downloads.tryton.org. Your package manager may not be fast enough to package the very last release.

I’m using http://debian.m9s.biz/debian/ as my source for the last stable server and modules and I can see, that the account-module on http://downloads.tryton.org is the same version as listed in the version row in the client. So what version the client wants to update?

I’m saying that, because formerly I had a mixed installation by accident (didn’t know that pip version is different) and maybe that the client is looking for modules of the 6.4 version formerly installed on that pc, even when pip only shows the installed versions using the command: pip3 list

By the way, it helped a lot to know now, that all modules are in the version, they should be.
:fist_right: :fist_left:
The main reason for my question about that is, that I’m expiring problems creating my first fiscal year because of fields which I can’t edit, but without I can’t save the registry. So I thought that may be an error fixed in the actual module version.
But of course that has to be asked at another place in the forum…

Nothing. The update process means to update the database with the changes of the code, not to update the modules code that should be done on the system administration and only when performing major series updates.

For bug fixes updates there is no need to update the database as we just include fixes that do not alter the database.

1 Like

Well understood.
THX to all for your great help and explanation!