Map RFID serial number

Hello everyone,
I need help finding the solution to a problem.

In the company we have been using Tryton for about 2 years.
Typically the moves between the various locations are:
row with Pallet Product and quantity.

Recently, for some pallet products, we performed an upgrade, inserting an RFID tag.

I need to map the RFID serial number.

Let me explain with an example:
If I ship 500 pallets from location A to location B,
I will have the line:
Product Pallet 01, Qty 500
or I’ll have to create 500 lines:
Product Pallet 01 id0001, Qty 1
Product Pallet 01 id0002, Qty 1
Product Pallet 01 id0003, Qty 1

I need to link the 500 RFID serial number to the 500 pallets of the shipment.

In this way it is possible to trace customer X who has 500 pallets with the relative RFID serial numbers.

I read about a custom form for serial numbers:

and I saw that it is recommended to use the “lot” module.

How can you use the lot module?

I await your comments and possible solutions.

Thanks

1 Like

I guess that the pallets are consigned (so they are assets but not goods). So you ship them in addition with the real products.
So you should use stock lot. You have to create a stock.lot for each serial number linked to the pallet assets. On the shipment moves you set the proper lot to each move.
Also you can define on the pallet assets that the lot is required for customer location. Like that you are sure to have the serial number of each outgoing pallet.
From the lot form, you can open the location tree which will show you where is the pallet linked. If you want to know the exact customer, you will need to create a customer location for each customer.

That’s right, pallets are our assets that are sent to the customer and the customer must return us.
Our company manages pallets with Tryton only (we do not manage the products that are loaded on the pallet).
For our business logic we always create a customer location for each customer.

I will test and update you.

I have done tests on stock.lot but it does not work properly for our business.
Our company manages only the pallets (our assets) and not the products they transport.
Each pallet has an RFID tag. I create a lot for each RFID_ID.
If I send 500 pallets (500 lot_number) to a customer, tryton will generate a packing slip with 500 lines … It is not correct.
The correct solution, according to my point of view, is to have only one output move of 500 pallets with which the lot_number are associated (as for the invoice lines in output moves):

I do not see why you can say something is not correct. If you want to track each pallet individually, you must move them individually. So one move per pallet.

I’m sorry ced, I say that it is not correct for the management of the business of my company…

@Vincenzo can you explain why it is a problem for you ?

Strictly speaking, from stock point of vue, having one move with 500 lot_numbers, or having 500 moves with 1 lot_numbers is equivalent.

for me, you are proposing something like an “optimization” to avoid a performance problem, or a report problem where you have too much lines to present to the customer for example.

it is why I would like you to explain what is your problem exactly.

The problem I find is practical.
For our standard pallet shipments, the transport document is 1 line (Product: Pallet Epal, Qty: 561 unit) -> 1 page.
For shipments of 561 pallets with RFID tags, the transport document will consist of 561 lines (6 pages !!!).
For our business I would like to display a transport document with 1 line (Product: RFID Pallet, Qty: 561 unit) and with the specification of all the associated RFIDs (for example in the annotations): ID000001, ID000002, …, ID000561 .

From a more in-depth analysis I need to map production batch and serial number.

The production batch can be associated with multiple products, the serial number is unique.
If I use a serial_number, it is no longer usable with other products (with stock_lot this is not possible).

That’s just about formatting the report.

Nothing prevents you to create a lot for each product with the same number.

I agree with @ced, it seems to be a report problem. Adding complexity in the whole system doesn’t sound a good way to solve it.

I think it should be possible to customize the report in a way it would detect that you are shipping the same product 561 times (with differents RFID), and adapt the formatting in this case.

You can easily pass custom data to a report to avoid too much code in libreoffice to decid if you should collapse products or not.