Management of service purchases

Hi,

How to manage purchases of services linked to sales of these same services in Tryton?
Is there a way to create a purchase request when confirming the sales order?

Regards

if you have to buy them to sell them, I would make them products, not services, and use the stock management facilities like for any other product.

I think that service is more for services that you provide yourself, for which stock is not managed.

I do not think it is a good advise to manage services as goods.

I see not problem to use sale_supply with services but the sale will not wait for the purchase to invoice the service. At least not until Issue 9999: Add module to allow services to be invoiced when they are done - Tryton issue tracker is developed and the same module for purchase is created.

I think so too.

Ok, thanks, I’ll look over there.

why ? (see below for a more developed question)

especially since tryton can’t yet handle a «pure service» flow gracefully until that’s developed, what’s wrong with using goods stock management to track services that you resell ? You do have order, purchase, somehow a deliverable that starts the invoicing process,… I agree that it would be better to use a pure service flow, but since it’s not there (yet), what’s the problem with bending the available facilities in the meantime ?

Thanks

I think you answered yourself pretty well.
If there is not there yet using a workarround like you suggested will not make it available faster.

Because goods have a different accounting than service (often the taxes). Also with the goods you have inventory, cost of goods, shipping cost, landed cost etc.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.