In order to get better purchase conditions, some companies define long term purchase agreements with their suppliers. This agreement involves the comitement to buy a minimal quantity of products over a period of time.
Once an agreement is reached, individual purchases are issued to request the supply of the products.
A new purchase Agreement model will be added to track the following information:
- Supplier: The supplier on which the agreement is done
- Start Date
- End Date: The agreement end date (can be empty if not know in advance)
- Agreed quantity:
- Product: (optional)
- Supply: (date)
- Product Supplier Lines: A list of ProductSupplier lines that will apply to this Agreement
The system will be able to compute the following information:
- Requested Quantity Quantity on processing purchases still not received
- Received Quantity: The quantity already on our warehouses
The purchase date will be used to determine if there is any active agreement for the current purchase. If so, this value will be used for Matching criteria on ProductSupplier Prices, so agreement conditions (special price, special delivery time) will be automatically computed on the purchase.