Installing proteus in docker

Hello Community,

i am Nemo and i am new to Tryton and docker. I managed to deploy Tryton on Windows 10 following this guide: Guide: Running Tryton using Docker

I installed the currency and country modules and in order to populate them i want to run the scripts as suggested (trytond_import_countries etc). To run those scripts i need to install proteus. Unfortunatley I don’t know how to do this inside a docker container?

I also found this: Proteus connecting to postgres
But then, how do i set up ‘entrypoint.sh’?

Any help would be apperciated.

Kind regards,

Nemo

Hi!

Proteus should already be installed inside the docker container, so you just need to run it from there.

So, with your tryton container running (and called tryton) you should be able to do something like this:

$ sudo docker exec \
    --interactive \
    --tty \
    tryton \
    /entrypoint.sh python3 -m trytond.modules.country.scripts.import_countries -d tryton

Although you might need to run it slightly differently as you are using windows 10.

Hi dave,

thank you verry much. It worked. However it also returns many warnings, is this to be expected?

docker exec --interactive --tty tryton /entrypoint.sh python3 -m trytond.modules.currency.scripts.import_currencies -d tryton /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/werkzeug/routing.py:1431: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \s """ /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/passlib/context.py:231: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \; elif any(c in source for c in "\n\r\t") or not source.strip(" \t./\;:"): /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/passlib/context.py:2240: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \* """ /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/passlib/context.py:2323: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \* """ /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/passlib/context.py:2406: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \* """ /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/ldap3/utils/ciDict.py:30: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working class CaseInsensitiveDict(collections.MutableMapping): /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pyasn1/type/constraint.py:130: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \* """ /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pyasn1/type/constraint.py:175: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \* """ /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pyasn1/type/constraint.py:334: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \* """ /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pyasn1/type/constraint.py:494: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \* """ /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pyasn1/type/constraint.py:538: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \* """ /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pyasn1/type/namedval.py:54: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \* """ /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/elasticsearch/compat.py:38: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working from collections import Mapping /usr/lib/python3.7/importlib/_bootstrap.py:219: ImportWarning: can't resolve package from __spec__ or __package__, falling back on __name__ and __path__ return f(*args, **kwds) /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/zeep/xsd/visitor.py:428: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \[ match = re.match('([^\[]+)', array_type) /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/PyPDF2/generic.py:357: DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence \c tok = b_("\c") Update currencies

Yes, they are not a problem. They are just some warnings output by some of the libraries that Tryton uses, and nothing to worry about.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.