I just learned about the Howto category and propose adding a “direct debit howto” there. Here is a draft, with still some open issues:
- It looks like only a valid mandate is required and party.payment_direct_debit ignored. Is this correct?
- What is party.payment_direct_debit used for then?
I want customers pay via direct debit. I understood, that I need to
- Requried modules:
- SEPA only: accounting_payment_sepa
- Add a Bank Account to your Company
- SEPA only: Set the SEPA Identifier for your Company
(Company→Companies→[NAME]→Identifiers→Add→SEPA Creditor Identifier)
Once per Customer
- Add a Bank Account to the party
- Enable direct debit for the party
(Party→Parties→[NAME]→Accounting→ Check “Direct Debit”)
- SEPA only: Add SEPA direct debit mandate
- “Identification”: ???
- remaining entries as required
Whether an invoice is paid by direct debit is not decided when creating the invoice, but depends on
whether “direct debit” is set for the party and whether there is a valid mandate for the party.
Anyhow you might want to add a Payment Term “Direct Debit” (Remainder to be paid in 0 days) to explicitly state this.
Direct Debit Payment
- Go to Finance→Payments→Lines to Pay→Receivalbe with Mandate
- Select the payments you want to direct debit
- Run the “Pay Lines” Wizard from the Actions button.
Note: The wizard is only available if there is at least one payment line selected.
- Select date of payment, select accounting info
- New payments are generated and avilalbe in Finance→Payments→Payments
There still seems something missing I managed to create an empty XML message (0 bytes).
Go to Finance→Payments→Payments
- Optional (depending on your workflow and separation of duties) Approve payments
- Process payments
- This will create a payment group to be fed to the SEPA message
Go to Finance→Payments→SEPA Messages
- Select New
- Type: OUT
- Origin “Payment Group”, select the respective Payment Group
Export the direct debit file for online-banking software how to do this