How to manually populate Many2Many?

I have the following code (overriding a purchase module):

class Purchase(metaclass=PoolMeta):
    'Purchase'
    __name__ = 'purchase.purchase'

items = fields.Many2Many('purchase.purchase-my_module.item', 'purchase', 'item', 
        string = 'Related items', 
        help = 'Items related to this Purchase',
        )

sales = fields.Many2Many('purchase.purchase-sale.sale', 'purchase', 'sale', 
        string = 'Related sale orders', 
        help = 'Sale orders sources',
        )

I want to populate items field with items that I can get from the sale.sale.items (I also added items=M2M() in sale.sale class).
The general idea is to connect items from sales to corresponded purchases.
These items are not saleable/purchaseble items, but just some items that are owned by clients and are the copies of my own class in my_module.

Constantine.

So, I found the way how to do it. Hope the following short example would help others who will search a solution for the same task:

class Purchase(metaclass=PoolMeta):
    'Purchase'
    __name__ = 'purchase.purchase'

items = fields.Many2Many('purchase.purchase-my_module.item',...)
    sales = fields.Many2Many('purchase.purchase-sale.sale',...)

# This method is executed when user add/remove from the list of Sale orders in Purchases module 
    @fields.depends('sales') # Many2Many() | the list of sale orders that are origins for the purchase Many2Many
    @fields.depends('items') # Many2Many() | this the list of items I need to fill from sale orders 
    def on_change_sales(self): 
        items_set = {}  # create an empty set, I dont need to keep history 
        for sale in self.sales:  # in sale orders 'items' is also Many2Many() field
            for item in sale.items: # in each sale order I collect all items
                items_set[item.id] = item;  # add each to the set
        self.items = items_set # Eventually I return the set to the purchase.items field.        self.items = items_set # Eventually I return the set to the purchase.items field.
        return

Hope that helps to others.

Constantine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.