How to manage the return after a rental

Hi all, I’m using tryton recently and I have a problem managing business flows.
My company manages pallets for industries.
I decided to use the “customer” location for all my customers and create many products for all my customers.
I do not sell pallets to some customers but hire them. In this case i managed to send the pallets to the customer through the “customer shipment” (which sends the pallets from one of my warehouse to the customer location) and I managed the return of the pallets by the customer with a move that moves the pallets from the customer location to my warehouse (storage). According to you is correct?

Do you mean “rent” them? Or it is just “in bail”?

I would use a return shipment. This way you can have the two steps “received” and “done” which is “incoming moves” and “inventory moves”.

Also I would use product of type “asset” so they do not generate any stock accounting.

And if it is really a rental business, you may have a look at the sale_subscription module and Asset subscribed. Your case may require to extend the last one to manage outgoing shipment and return at the start and end date of the subscription.

The pallets are sold or rented.
I’ll give you two examples.

Case study 1:
1000 pallets sold to the customer X.
To send the pallets to the customer, use the “Customer Shipment” which creates invoice lines with a sales price W.
I also have to manage the cost of the transporter …

Case Study 2:
1000 pallets rented to the customer Y.
Send pallets -> customer invoice lines
Return pallets-> no accounting transaction.
To send the pallets to the customer Y use the “Customer Shipment” which creates invoice lines with the rental price J.
The customer Y, in the following month, returns me the pallets at no cost.
For the moment I use a simple “Move” to move the pallets from the customer location to my warehouse (the movement must not create invoice lines). I can not use an “internal shipment” because this function does not allow to use the customer location.
Here too the cost of the transporter must be managed …

This is standard sale order of goods.

I think in this description, you are missing the duration of the rental. And when is the rental pay? Each month?
Also you can not rent a goods, it must be an asset because the company stay the owner of it.
You can not use the sale order for this but probably a subscription. It will require an extension to manage the shipment and return of the asset, and another to manage the shipment cost.

Yes, the duration of the rental is monthly.
So, if I understand, the pallets i use for rental must be “assets”?

What happens if the customer does not return after 1 month? Is it really the duration that is 1 month or the invoicing per month.

Yes because the company stays the owner of the product.