How to clear an exception in a sale?

I would like to clear some sales with exceptions to close a fiscal year.
There are two reasons for these sale exceptions:

1. the client changed his idea after the sale was posted and before it was sent
  2. the user made mistakes in prices, quantities, dates…

In all these cases, the user cancelled the generated invoice or cancelled the generated shipment (or both), thinking that the problem would be solved, and made a new sale with the correct informations.

How can I clear these exceptions?

You just need to indicate the system that you do not want to recrete the cancelled sales. See the handling shipment and invoice exceptions documentation for full details.

Thks for pointing me to this doc that I ignored.

For sales that have a shipment or invoice exception you can use the Handle Shipment Exception or Handle Invoice Exception wizards to recreate the items that need recreating, and ignore the rest.

“Ignore the rest”: does it mean that I should let some sales in exception state when they are abandoned (error of the user who recreated another one or order cancellation by client before shipping)? Maybe I should not want to clear the “exception” column of Sales indeed.

Ignore means that you do not recreate the linked documents, so you are telling the system that this exceptions should be ignored.

Ignoring canceled moves/invoices will mark the sale as finished which is what you are looking for

Hi Sergi,

I don’t undestand this sentence:

Ignoring canceled moves/invoices will mark the sale as finished which is what you are looking for

I have two buttons on the sale view: (Tryton 6.0) Handle exception or Proceed.
Nothing like Ignore. The sales never pass to Done state, click on Proceed does nothing as long as the Exception for invoice or shipment is there.
How do I “ignore” the sale with exceptions?

You need two use the handle exception button.

Then you have to options:

1. Recreate the selected moves/invoices
  2. Ignore the moves that are unselected.

So in your case you need to unselect all moves/invoices and the sales will be marked as sent/paid.

Maybe we need to add some text to explain that unselected invoices/moves will be ignored.

Ah finally I found the procedure! I need indeed to unselect (Command + click on selected line) then click on “OK” (there is no “Ignore” button). Then the sale becomes “Done” without recreating the Shipping again. Previous attempts to create a zero quantity shipping failed, the system recreated another one instantly.

Maybe we need to add some text to explain that unselected invoices/moves will be ignored.

IMHO add a button “Ignore exception and close the sale” on Sale would be simpler for most users.

It will be simpler for your current use case but not for all cases.
But maybe we can add a new button on the handle exception wizard which is called: “Close shipment”, “Close invoices” which skips all the pending moves.

I think it will be better to improve the text of the wizard to clearly state that deselected moves will be ignored and not shipped.

1 Like