How I can connect tryton with with postgresql. Apart from that , I can't find configuration file of trytond

Please provide detailed description or step to me for proceeding futher

What have you tried?
What have you done already?

Please provide some informations in order to allow us to help you.

Hi nicoe,

I have already installed Tryton and completed all the necessary setup. Additionally, I have set the host as “demo” and created a database named “test” in PostgreSQL with the required port number and other mandatory details. Furthermore, I have ensured that pip is added to the command prompt.

As I am new to Tryton, I would appreciate guidance on how to integrate the database with the Tryton server.

It seems to me like you are trying to connect tryton (gtk client) with the database.

You need Database + Server (trytond) + client (sao, tryton, etc)
The client (tryton) connects with trytond (server) and trytond connects with the database.

See components for a functional system.

Yes, But got stuck so can you please help me how I integrate with trytond then?

Sorry I was not able to add anything to the topic.
@anuu2000 The same questions are still unanswered.

1 Like

Yes we are doing the same as per your comment mentioned below But unable to connect Tryton with trytond and then connect to database

Database + Server (trytond) + client (sao, tryton, etc)
The client (tryton) connects with trytond (server) and trytond connects with the database.

How do you know that trytond does not connect to the database?

How do you start trytond?

I am trying to install trytond in command prompt by using command python -m pip install trytond but unable to install it

It shows error like this -:
Requirement already satisfied: trytond in c:\users\anirudh\appdata\local\programs\python\python312\lib\site-packages (7.0.9)
Requirement already satisfied: defusedxml in c:\users\anirudh\appdata\local\programs\python\python312\lib\site-packages (from trytond) (0.7.1)
Requirement already satisfied: lxml>=2.0 in c:\users\anirudh\appdata\local\programs\python\python312\lib\site-packages (from trytond) (5.2.1)
Requirement already satisfied: relatorio>=0.7.0 in c:\users\anirudh\appdata\local\programs\python\python312\lib\site-packages (from relatorio[fodt]>=0.7.0->trytond) (0.10.1)
Requirement already satisfied: Genshi in c:\users\anirudh\appdata\local\programs\python\python312\lib\site-packages (from trytond) (0.7.7)
Requirement already satisfied: python-dateutil in c:\users\anirudh\appdata\local\programs\python\python312\lib\site-packages (from trytond) (2.9.0.post0)
Requirement already satisfied: polib in c:\users\anirudh\appdata\local\programs\python\python312\lib\site-packages (from trytond) (1.2.0)
Requirement already satisfied: python-sql>=1.3 in c:\users\anirudh\appdata\local\programs\python\python312\lib\site-packages (from trytond) (1.4.3)

Please help me to find configuration file of trytond!!

Is there chance we can connect you on a call to resolve this issue?

I see that you’re using trytond on Windows. I can only make educated guesses about this as I never did it myself.

Those are not errors, it’s just stating that the requirements for installing tryton are already satisfied.

You can specify the configuration file on the command line with the -c switch.
Otherwise it will look at file located at the content of the environment variable TRYTOND_CONFIG (no idea how to set that on windows).